Chapter 29: Our Real Date

It hurt to say best friends but still, we are nothing more. "Really?" Garret asked shocked. "Yep." We said at the same time. "You guys would look really good together.." He said. "Garret!" Jackie said quickly. "Just stating the truth." He mumbled. It made me smile hearing someone compliment us as a couple. Maybe it'll make Jackie know it's true, we would be a cute couple. "Well, I have to go back to work. I'll see you guys around." He said. "Make your move soon, lad." He whispered to me. He smiled at us then walked back into the apartment building.

I like this kid.

My phone started going off.

Ed?

"Hello?" I said.

"Hey. I heard you got a date with Jackie, to win her heart sing to her." He said quickly.

"But-"

"Sing. To. Her."

~Jackie~

I didn't like saying Harry and I were just friends, and I really didn't like hearing Harry say we're best friends. I mean, yeah it's true. But to be honest, I never really moved on.. And I don't think I'll ever be able to. I looked over at Harry, who was still looking for a new apartment. It's really sweet that he's protecting me, I'm glad he is too. I didn't want to move back in here in the first place. But I couldn't find any place else to stay.

"What?" Harry said looking up at me. I was still starring at him. "Nothing." I said looking down at my phone and blushed. "This one is it.." Harry said handing me his phone. "Woah, this is a huge apartment. Holy crap! Look at the price!! No way, keep looking." I said handing his phone back to him. "C'mon you love it." He said. "But can't afford it." I corrected him. "Then I'll pay for it." He said. I looked up at him in shock.

"No. No, no, no, no, no." I said. "Jackie, come on. It's the least I could do." He said. "Least you could do-, Harry! The least you could do is give me a high five. I'm not letting you pay for my apartment." I said and started looking again. "I'm paying, whether you like it or not." He said taking away my phone. "Harry-" I started to say. "I am." He interrupted. I looked at him and gave him a hug.

"Thank you."

Later on after Harry helped me settle into the new apartment, I got ready for our dinner date. I spent forever trying to pick out what to wear. I finally chose a turquoise tank button up and tie it, with lace shorts. I curled my hair and my on my turquoise converse and sat on the couch to wait. *Knock, Knock*

I opened the door. "Hey!" I said smiling at him. "Hi, you-uh, I mean.. Uh.." He said nervously. "You ok?" I laughed. He cleared his throat, "Yeah, you just look.. -beautiful." He said. My face turned beet red. "Thanks." I said smiling up at him. "Um, ready to go?" He asked. "Yeah," I paused closing the door behind me. "Where are we going?" I asked. "It's a surprise!" He said. "You and your surprises." I laughed.

We got in the car and he started driving off. "Harry?" I said breaking the silence. "Yeah?" He said. "Is this gonna be private, like no paparazzi?" I asked nervously. "There won't be any. Why?" He asked. "No reason." I said playing with my fingers. "Wait, isn't this the way to your house?" I said as we drove down the same rode I've drove down many times. "Yep." He said smiling big. "Did you forget something?" I asked confused.

"Nope." He said. "Ok then." I mumbled. It seems odd of Harry's surprise to be dinner at his house. I wasn't expecting it, but I'm not gonna complain. I thought it was gonna be nice, and-, never mind. He pulled into the driveway and got out to open my door. We walked into the house with the boys laying on the couch watching Scream. Harry brought me to the kitchen and had 2 PB & J sandwiches. "Help yourself!" He said pointing to the food.