Chapter 20

"You doing okay Little Bird?" Uncle asked as he handed her another plate.

"Im okay Uncle, just ready for it to slow down a bit," Rose smiled as she walked off to hand the plates to the customers.

Uncle kept an eye on her during the rush and once it started to slow down he made sure she sat down to rest. He fixed her plate to eat and sat down with her. "Nathan text and said that Baby Bird is napping."

"Good," she whispered picking at the plate. She sat the fork down and stood, "Ill be right back," She went down the hall to the restroom.

Uncle went back into the kitchen to start prepping for the dinner rush. After awhile he noticed that she still hadnt come back, "Little Bird?" Uncle called out knocking on the bathroom door. "Little Bird?" he knocked again. He opened the door and noticed it was empty. Walking out the back to see if she was outside taking a short break, he noticed it was empty. He walked around the whole diner and couldnt find her. He pulled out his phone and called North, "Did you or anyone come get Little Bird?"

"No, her shift isnt over yet. What are you talking about Uncle?" North asked confused.

Uncle explained what happened then went to his computer to pull up his cameras. "Shit!" Uncle gasped. "Someone took her! Get here now!"

"What?!?!?!" North bellowed. "Who the fuck took Baby?!?!?!"

Uncle could hear others scream in confusion. North hung up the phone and Uncle knew he had less than five minutes before they came storming through the door. He closed the diner and waited. As he expected in less than five minutes everyone came bursting through the door while Nathan still holding Baby Bird.

"Here," Uncle said turning his computer around.

They watched her and Uncle talking then her walking to the bathroom. A couple of minutes later she walks out, and someone comes up behind her and sticks something in her neck making her collapse. They pick her up and carry her out the front while Uncle is still in the back.

"Shit, she had a feeling something bad was going to happen," Silas said shaking his head.

"What?" Victor asked shocked.

"She said she had a bad feeling something was going to happen and asked if we all could stay home but most of us were out on assignments with no service," Nathan said. "She figured she would be safe here and maybe it was just a fluke feeling."

"Do you think its the asshole so it will mess up the trial with her not showing?" Gabriel asked.

"Its a possibility," Owen growled. "Mr. Morgan can you try and pull up the cameras and get a shot of the car that took her?"

"If he does have her, whats he going to do to her?" Luke asked and everyone paled at the thought.