Chapter 32

"Medicine Pookie," Sean said as he came into the library.

"Im okay Dr. Sean," She said not looking up from the book she was reading.

"Come on Pookie, I saw how you were hurting earlier," Sean said sitting next to her. "I know its not your foot because you are walking fine, or are you just pushing through it?"

"Im fine," she said not looking up from the book.

Sean took the book from her and marking her spot so she wouldnt lose it. "No, you arent Pookie, you are hurting and not letting me help you. It hurts me that you wont trust me to help you."

She looked up at him shocked, "I trust you Sean," she gasped.

"Then let me help you take the pain away," he sighed.

"But thats just it Sean, Im not hurting," she sighed. "I promised if I was hurting, I would tell you or someone but Im not hurting."

"I saw you wincing when you were in the living room earlier," Sean said holding her hand. "I know Brandon took you outside to take some CBD but you were still flinching an hour after that. Your body is telling me you are hurting even if you dont feel it."

"How can I hurt and not feel it?" She asked confused.

"Your nerves are affected," he explained. "Your body can feel the pressure of the pain but the CBD has blocked the signal to the mind to feel the pain physically. But just because you cant feel it doesnt mean your body doesnt feel it. Your body is still hurting, and I need to take it away so you dont feel it later. Remember we talked about this while you were in hospital? I recognize the signs and you are just delaying it and it will be worse later on and we dont want that do we?" She shook her head. "Then take the medicines for me please?"

She stared at their hands and became lost in her thoughts, "I just dont know Sean. I trust you deeply but I just dont know. I know how I am on pain meds and I like them too much. I cant properly care for Amore when Im on them and I cant care for myself on them either. I like the numbness too much."

"And that lets me know that the dose is too strong, thats helpful to me," Sean said squeezing her hand. "I can work with that and I, we, wont let you get that way. But for now, please take this med. It is strong but its a lower dose. I will watch closely I promise."

She took a deep breath and nodded, "Just dont leave me today."

"I promise I wont," Sean nodded and kissed her forehead. "Up Pookie so I can go get the medicine." She held her arms out and he scooped her up. Once she wrapped her legs around his waist he carried her to his office.

She took the pills and about an hour later Owen walked into the living room and found her asleep with her head in Seans lap while he was watching TV. "How is she?" he asked as he took off his jacket and sat across from Sean. Sean proceeded to tell him about their conversation earlier and Owen agreed with Sean that he may just need to stay home with her even longer than the month he originally agreed to.

"Momma!" Amore screamed about fifteen minutes later as she came in with North and Silas.

"Shhhh Baby Bird," Owen hushed. "Mommys taking a nap, shes tired."

"Papa," She whispered coming to climb in his lap. North and Silas looked down at their bird than Owen and Sean.

"Shes having a hard time agreeing to take pain meds," Sean whispered, "I promised I wouldnt leave her side, Im keeping an eye on her."

"Ill let the others know," North said taking out his phone.

It took another month but they finally figured out the right dose for her when the CBD wasnt working. She was currently sleeping in the living room with everyone as they were doing family time and watching a movie when Ravens phone rang.

"Da?" Raven asked sitting up even more. "Da.Da.DaDVA (two).Da Пока отец. Poka otets (Bye Father)." He hung up his phone and looked at the group, "We go Motherland soon. Family meet them."