Chapter 42

Rose sat up and groaned. She looked around and gasped, the door wasn't closed properly. She mustered up what strength she could and crawled to the door. Pulling herself up and took a few deep breaths and opened the door more. She slipped through and using the wall to help her stay upright and continued down the pathway. She fell a few times and was sure she was going to be caught. She would take a few breaths and pull herself back up. Her vision blurred but she kept pushing forward. Right before she came to the foyer she froze. She glanced around and noticed no one was around. She was sure this was a trap but she also knew this may be her only chance to escape. She took a few more deep breaths channeled strength from her men. She noticed a cell phone right by the door. She took one more deep breath, pushed past the dizziness and ran for the phone and door. Once she slipped outside, she kept running into the forest. She kept tripping over rocks and roots, but she would push herself to keep running. She found a cave with branches almost blocking the entrance and crawled inside. She tried to put the branches back as they were then pushed herself up against the wall as much as possible. She opened the phone and turned the sound to silent. She thanked the stars there was a full battery and dialed a familiar number.

(Back at the Ravenstahl mansion)

Raven's mother carried Amore around the living room talking to her in mixed Russian and English while Amore smiled and babbled back to her. The group smiled and talked in hushed whispers.

"How bad do you think she is hurt?" Corey asked.

"I don't want to think about it," Sean shook his head and answered honestly. "I have nightmares thinking of what she is going through."

"All of us are," North mumbled. "But we will find her."

"We kill who do this," Raven growled.

Someone's phone rang.

"Hello?" an icy tone answered.

She sniffled as the voice covered her in warmth, "Owen," she barely got through the tears.

"Darling!" Owen shouted as soon all the voices of her men filled her head. "Where are you Darling?"

"Keep her talking, we'll try and trace the call," Victor whispered as Corey set up the laptops.

"Are you okay Pookie?" Sean asked.

"I don't know where I am," she whispered. "I'm inside a cave hiding. They left the door open and I got out. I saw the phone, grabbed it and ran. I'm so tired and scared. I don't feel good and wanna go home. Please I have to know, did Vladimir bring you Amore? Is she okay?"

"She is fine Baby," North told her and she sighed in relief. "Raven's mother has her now behind us. Vladimir made it here then fell unconscious once Mr. B took Baby Bird from him. He's okay also. She is perfectly fine Baby."

"Good," She whispered. "I'm so tired."

"I know Pookie," Sean said switching over to doctor mode, "but I need you to stay away and talk to me. You can sleep once we get you here. Can you tell me what hurts so I can have everything set up and ready for when you get here? Raven's dad is gathering men to start coming for you."

"I want you and the guys," She whimpered. "I don't want strangers touching me, I'm so tired of strangers touching me."

"We were coming anyway Darling," Owen said trying to remain calm. "Do you really thing Mr. Taylor Jr and Mr. Ravenstahl would allow anyone to get you out of the cave other than them or us?"

"No," she barely shook her head. "It's getting dark Owen."

"No Darling, try and stay awake for us," Owen said staring at Sean. "I need you to stay awake Darling, we're trying to find where you are. Talk to us Darling."

"I know where she is," a voice said behind them. They turned from the phone and there Vladimir stood leaning against the door frame for support. "She's by the abandoned mine near Yekaerinburg, near where the Romanova family was murdered."

"Baby, turn off the phone so they can't trace it, we will be there as soon as possible. Stay there and stay quiet," North said clenching his fist.

"Okay," She whispered, "I love all of you," she sniffled.

"We love you too," Owen said.

"Da be there soon. Love you Kitten," Raven said staring at his father.

They heard the phone disconnect and Raven's father turned to Vladimir, "Who?"

"Kayli and her family," Vladimir breathed in pain.