Chapter 41

"Papa no no," Amore shook her head as she touched his face.

"What Baby Bird?" Owen asked confused as he held her tightly.

"Papa no no," She touched his beard and shook her head.

"Oh, okay Baby Bird," he said nodding his head. "Mr. Coleman, I think our daughter doesn't like our appearances."

"Hi Baby Bird," Gabe said coming over to them and taking her out of Owen's grasp.

"Daddy no," She shook her head touching his beard. She burst into tears looking at all her daddies. "Daddy no no, Papa no no."

"Ok Baby Bird," Gabe said as they headed to the bathroom. They took turns holding her while Gabe shaved them and cut their hair. She started smiling when they would hold her, and she could watch Gabe work his magic on them. Luke held her so she could watch Gabe fix his appearance as well. By the time he emerged from his shower she was laughing and walked over to him.

"Daddy!" She beamed as he picked her up and hugged her close.

"How Vladimir?" Raven asked Sean as he came in from a back room.

Sean took Amore from Gabe and she clung to his neck which caused him to smile softly.

"He's still unconscious but that is to be expected from all the torture wounds on him. He is also under weight. I am hoping he will start to wake in the next couple days, but it will be up to him ultimately. He endured a lot," Sean said watching Amore cling to North while she slept.

"She feels warm Doc," North whispered, and Sean went over to her.

"She has a fever," Sean said shaking his head. "North and Gabe, give her a cool bath and check her over. I didn't see any bruises when I first glanced over her, but you can double check."

"Got it Doc," They said simultaneously.

About an hour later they came out completely soaked but she was giggling and beaming while clutching North but holding Gabe's hand. "She's thankfully fucking fine but she does have a nasty fucking cough," Gabe said shaking his head but smiling.

Sean had them take her to his makeshift office and did a check up on her. "She has an upper respiratory infection and earache. Raven's dad can get her the antibiotics and steroids and she should recover soon. Thankfully, she will be okay. I just worry about Pookie."

"We all are but right now she would want us to focus on Baby Bird until we can find her, we won't give up," North said picking up Amore and holding her close.

"I know I just worry about how she is doing," Sean said shaking his head.

"We all are," Gabe said looking down at their daughter.

Raven came in and Sean let him know about the prescriptions he needed for Amore, and she burst into tears as he started to walk out the door. "Daddy!"

"Oh Baby Bird," Raven said he held her. "Be right back," he told her as Silas came into the room. Silas took her and started patting her back. She soon calmed down but still sniffled and watched the door until Raven came back in.

"Good thing we are having a fucking sleep over," Gabe muttered watching her closely.

"As if there was any other choice right now," North mumbled back as they walked back into the upstairs living room.

Gabe and Luke started turning it into a large sleeping area while Silas put some Vicks on her chest to try and help her cough until the medicine was ready.

"Baby," Raven's mother beamed as she sat on the floor with her to look through some children's books. As Amore started pointing out things in the picture book, Raven's mother would name them in Russian and Amore would try to repeat them. Sean or Owen would then repeat them in Japanese and have her repeat them, Silas or North would call them in Greek and have her repeat them, Axel would in Native American and she would try to repeat it, and someone else would repeat it in English. Corey was recording it so they could show Rose when they were able to find her and bring her back.

Pretty soon Dimitri came in with her medicine and they were able to convince her to take her medicine and shortly after she started drifting off to sleep in Silas' arms like when she was a baby.

They watched her sleep then cast each other worried looks when she would whimper. "No hur Momma," she cried before bursting into tears, "Momma come, want Momma, Momma hur no hur Momma mean lady bad guy no."

"What the fuck?" Gabe whispered as North and Silas tried to calm her down.

Raven left the room to go tell his dad what she was saying, and everyone paled at the thoughts that consumed them on what their bird was possibly going through.

"We will bring Momma home soon Baby Bird," North whispered running his fingers through her hair. She whimpered and North kissed her forehead. "The mean lady and bad guys will pay I promise."