Chapter 1 - Home

Anger

Anger.

A strong feeling of annoyance, displeasure, or hostility.

In my situation, the need to burn everyone and everything alive.

The name's Cassia, people just call me Case, I'm eighteen and the current alpha of a pack called Crimson Warriors, the first ever female alpha and the youngest.

I've been away training to become a better alpha and in my absence I left my so called beta in charge in hopes that he'd keep the peace. But as I am standing now in the entrance of the pack house, I am looking upon the unconscious bodies of my pack members. The stench of alcohol is in the air and garbage is everywhere.

I gripped onto my suitcase and trudged up the stairs passing more sleeping drunks on my way. I walked down the corridor and entered my office, books scattered everywhere, a growl slipped from my lips and I breathed deeply to contain my anger.

I took a seat behind the desk and turned on the laptop, looking through the bank accounts seeing half the money was gone, better yet wasted on trivial things like wine and sports cars, expensive crap to throw parties.

I then looked through the reports from the past two years I had left. Not at all pleased with what I saw, in the last year a lot of rogues have been sighted and threats have been made to overthrow the pack by them and other alphas. My anger was taken up another notch at the premature deaths of both young and old and no proper send off. My pack was a shell of what I had left.

I had been on pack lands for a week watching them silently from afar, I watched as they partied away the nights, I watched a the supposed beta encouraged this behavior, the warriors-if they could even be called that- had no training regimen, most of them ran around the forest for a quick run and deemed it as exercise, for males, they were lacking in every aspect. They were so humanized it was revolting. Not only were the juveniles drinking, smoking and screwing their lives away but the amount of disrespect they showed toward a senior had me on the brink of insanity. Yes. I had watched as the seniors in the pack struggled with jobs and family while appearing to be coming apart at the seams.

'These mutts have become pathetic in our absence!' Ember growled.

"Indeed they have, we'll just have to whip them back into shape" I smirked.

'The hard way.'

"Of course, I wouldn't have it any other way."

For the next hour, I looked for buyers for the glamorous cars out front. I also cleared the stack of reports that needed to be looked at and thought up of a punishment for my pack.

A crash from downstairs got my attention; I frowned and pushed myself of the chair to investigate. A commotion was at the bottom of the stairs caught my attention, confusion washed over me as pack members stood around watching as two of their own battle it out in the ring they had formed.

"You should know better by now dog!"

"I'm not about to bow down to some lowlife! You're doing nothing but tearing down the pack...Christopher you're supposed to be the beta, if you keep this up there won't be a pack anymore!"

To my surprise and utter disbelief, the voices belonged to the wolves; the same two wolves in the middle of the crowd were none other than my Beta and an Omega? Since when did my pack have an Omega? Being Beta, Christopher obviously had the upper hand in the fight, he was merely toying with the Omega, he nipped at the Omega's flesh, taunting him. He stood above the wolf whom was clearly injured on the ground while he digging his claws into the beaten wolf whom whined in pain. Over the seven days I had spent watching them no fight like this had broken out, I hadn't even sensed an omega, where had he been?

More importantly, why was no one stopping the two of them? Why was Christopher not listening to the words of his pack mate? Why was he torturing him?!

"Stupid mutt."

"When is he going to learn?"

"He'll die if he keeps defying Beta Christopher."

Those comments made Ember surface, the anger that we had both been bottling up came forth in a loud growl that caused the windows to vibrate against the deadly sound. I saw as they all tensed before their heads whipped around before finally landing on me.

Confusion was written on their faces; not only had they forgotten their Alpha but they've forgotten how to treat each other. I trudged down the last steps and entered the circle. Christopher was about to say something when I grabbed him by his throat "how dare you lay your hands on him" I hissed.

Christopher fought me back, throwing reckless punches which only infuriated me more than I already was. Pulling my fist back, I punched him hearing the sound of the bone in his jaw cracking, releasing him I watched as his unconscious figure fell onto the floor.

"You bitch!" a redhead screeched, I gripped her by her throat "I dare you to repeat that!" I growled, the power in my voice slipped out and I heard her gasp along with everyone.

"A-alpha?" a worried voice from Jared called.

I dropped the redhead and looked at him "I want every single one of you outside within fifteen seconds!" I ordered.

I turned toward the wolf on the ground but he wasn't there, my eyebrows drew together as I blew out a frustrated breath and followed his scent. Not liking where it led which was right down to the basement; looking around, I saw what was supposed to be a bed and dirtied sheets.

Why was he down here?

"According to Christopher, it's where trash sleeps. What can I do for you alpha?" I shifted my attention to the male standing in the corner, all bruised and battered. He was truly exhausted; the dark circles beneath his eyes and multiple bruises, as well as the way he breathed signified that.

But still, despite the moldy and dusty scent of the basement, there was the undoubtable pull I had toward the Omega, despite the smell of the blood that oozed from him, his natural scent left my head giddy. When I approached him and gazed into his eyes; my anger sky rocketed like never before.

Barely containing the dangerous emotion inside me I managed to tell my mate to go to my room and wait for me there. He had done what I had told him without hesitation, but not once did he say anything about what he just discovered.

I shook with anger as I balled my hands into fists, just remembering the way Christopher treated him, the way the others stood around and watched; Ember snarled inside me, her blood-lust reaching its peak.

How dare he...all of them...they were all going to pay for what they'd done to him.

They were all going to pay for hurting my mate.

******

So this is the first chapter of my new book, i really hope that you guys will give it a chance and enjoy it, thank you for reading my book.

- xoxo T