Chapter 13 - Gideon

Walking into the pack house I was still in my bad mood, a girl bumped into me and gasped "I'm so sorry alpha."

"It's fine; do you know where Christopher is?" I asked.

She shook her head vigorously before scurrying off, 'Christopher, come to my office now!' walking up the stairs followed by Caius and Conner, I pushed the door to my office and noticed that Caleb's scent was lingering in it.

I sat in the chair and looked out the window, a knock was on the door a few minutes later and then the door opened.

"Alpha, you're back" he stated.

"So it would seem" I muttered.

"Is something wrong?" he asked, I could hear as his heart sped up and his breathing became labored.

"Are you familiar with a man that's  about a tad taller than yourself, dark hair, and creepy smile with slashes on half his face?" I questioned.

"Yes, that would be Gideon, he's a rogue" he stated.

"Hmm, and how often have you seen him?"

Christopher swallowed harshly, "more than I would've liked to" he admitted, "thank you Christopher, you may go now" I stated.

"Yes alpha" he said and scurried out of the room.

"Do you two know him also?" I asked Conner and Caius, they both nodded "he was one of those that threatened to take the pack" Caius told.

"He likes to play games Alpha, he isn't the subtle type when it comes to a prey he has chosen" Conner informed me, I swung in my chair and gave him a small smile

"Neither am I."

The door opened once more; Caleb walked in with Simone, Conner immediately shot up out of his seat and embraced her.

I smiled, "Caius, I imagine you also want to see your mate, you're free to go."

"Thank you Alpha" he stated and left.

Caleb pulled me up and wrapped his arms around me, "I've missed you" he said as he breathed in my scent, Ember purred inside my head and I kissed Caleb's neck making him groan.

I heard the door close signaling Conner and Simone's departure.

Caleb sat me in his lap, his head still in the crock of my neck "you guys were late" he mumbled.

"We ran into a little problem" I whispered.

He looked at me, his brows knitting together, "what?"

"Rogues."

Caleb tensed under me and a ferocious growl traveled passed his lips, I put my lips on his instantly calming him down.

"Nothing happened, a rogue named Gideon gave me a warning" I said against his lips, Caleb pulled away and looked at me "Gideon? He's bad news Cassia, what did he say?"

"Watch my branches" I deadpanned. I knew "my branches" was somehow a metaphor but for what I didn't know.

Caleb's face contorted into one of confusion, she shook his head "a mind game" he muttered.

"It's fine, I'll get answers one way or another."

"He's beyond dangerous, he's known for taking down small packs and persuading others to join. Over the years he's been gathering more and more people, he even got pack members from highly respected packs to join. There's no doubt that we are his next target" Caleb explained

I wasn't sure that we were his next target, but I was pretty sure if he's as good as Caleb says he's probably gotten to someone in my pack already.

************

So what do you guys think?

Thanks for reading! Vote, Comment, follow!

- xoxo T