Chapter 19 - Traitor

As expected there was a meeting, no doubt that David called, I was interested in how they were going to swing this, I couldn't contain my excitement but I had to. Ember was in my head growling at the thought that Thayer had betrayed and deceived his own pack. Giving out valuable information on the pack's defenses and whatever else he had sold to Dominic and David.

Those good for nothing bastards probably convinced him that his birth parents were still alive and well and probably thought they had me right in their hands; I'm impressed with how much information Thayer has gathered on his parents but to no avail his lack of perception is his own downfall.

He's just a broken little boy looking for something that hasn't been there for a long time.

The car came to a stop and Caius, Conner and I got out.

We weren't at the previous meeting place, this cabin was about three hours from everyone's pack line, it was on neutral ground.

I quickly made my way up the steps wanting to get inside to see what's in store for me. Caius and Conner followed swiftly behind and we soon found ourselves in the meeting room.

Again I was the last one to arrive, all the Alphas were seated and watching me intently.

I greeted everyone and took my seat and the table; I noticed another elder was sitting at the head of the desk, it wasn't my great aunt. Nope, it was a man this time, his aging was catching up, grey streaks were coating his hair, wrinkles at the corner of his eyes were visible as well as the slight dark circles.

The elder cleared his throat "as some of you know, I am elder Thomas, young Alpha Case, it is a pleasure to meet you in person. Elder Jane has much praise for you" he looked at me.

"I'm grateful to her and the pleasure's all mine Elder" I replied.

"This meeting was called by Alpha David, he's brought some news to our attention about you young Alpha" Thomas said.

My brows shot up "oh my, what would that be?" I played innocent.

"It has come to our knowledge that you have taken up the company of rogues to get information on neighboring packs, you understand the aftermath that your actions would lead to right Alpha Case?" Thomas went into a serious mode that made Ember growl.

"I do understand the consequences of what those actions may bring" I stated.

"So you continue to do it anyway? That just proves that you are not fit to be an alpha" David snapped,

Ember managed to take over for a few seconds but I quickly regained control before she leapt over the table and ripped the man's throat out.

"I said I understood the consequences of those actions, I never admitted to the actions being my own David" I spat his name out and he growled at me.

"Are you denying that you did do so?" the elder questioned.