Chapter 21 - Changes

I've made a few changes in the pack, at the main gate of the territory, I've set up cameras for any visitors who were unwelcome and to record members who came and left. The camera was connected to the main sever in my office and if a stranger passed through the main gate, a full background check would be done.

I've done the same thing to the south gate, and posted fighters and both ends.

While I've been busy doing that Caleb had restructured the underground safe house and packed it with supplies and canned foods that last a few years.

Every piece of technology in the pack house was high tech and designed by me. I always had a knack for designing my own programs and building the computers the way I wanted, so my mother took it upon herself to sell my stuff and hence I started Case's company. It's been going extremely well, and now I am a multi billionaire and the employer of hundreds of people, some of them being my own pack members.

"Alphas, we have some visitors" Raymond's voice was stony in my head; I frowned not liking it at all.

"Who is it?" I questioned.

"It's a member from the Shadow Moon" as soon as he said that a face appeared on my computer screen as well as the background on the person.

Julian Michael Ward, twenty two years old.

Hair color, black. Eye color, brown.

Build is medium. Stands at a height of 6 ft. 2 and weighs two hundred and ten pounds.

Julian is the current beta for the Shadow Moon Pack.

"Send him up to me Raymond" I ordered, "yes Alpha" I closed the mind link to Raymond and opened one with Conner "Conner, the beta of Shadow Moon is here, please show him to my office."

I received a growl in response but none the less the same 'yes alpha'

"Caleb, I need you with me."

"Say no more angel, I'll be there soon."

The pack was all on edge having the enemy in their mist; their senses were alert wondering if he had brought friends with him.

A knock on the office door pulled me out of my reverie, the door opened and Conner walked in with Julian behind him.

"Alpha" Conner nodded, "thank you Conner you may go now" I smiled.

Conner was rooted in the spot; I raised my brows but noticed he was hesitant to leave his alpha alone with some stranger. The minute that Caleb walked through the door Conner seemed to relax a little, I nodded at him and he left closing the door behind him.

"Julian Ward, you are a long way from home" I stated as my mate took a seat behind me at our new double desk.

Julian looked somewhat scared of me and he kept glancing at Caleb, confusion swirling in his eyes but he held his ground "I'm aware of that Alpha Case....I've come here none the less hoping that you'll hear me out" his voice was strong and determined."I don't mean to be rude but is this your mate?"

"Yes, I'm Alpha Caleb."

Julian gulped and nodded, his eyes widened tremendously as he tried not look Caleb in the eye for too long. "It's a pleasure to meet you Alpha Caleb."

I motioned to the chair for him to sit and he did "thank you" he muttered, I stared at him for a few minutes.

"What brings you here beta?" I quizzed getting right to the point, I knew Caleb couldn't take me being around a male who wasn't from our pack for too long, hell I couldn't take it, Ember was ready to pounce at any time.

"It's about the growing feud between you and my current Alpha" he swallowed; I noticed that he said his 'current' alpha which made me frown.

"Are you here to negotiate for your alpha?" I asked, Julian shook his head, "no, actually this is about me and a few others" he admitted.

I had to say that I was a little curious about what he had to say, "Word travels fast in our community, and what happened at the latest alpha meeting is all over the place. I for one witnessed it first hand and I don't wish to be at the mercy of such cruelty because I know where you stand there is none" he continued after taking a shaky breath "me and a few others know that if the Crimson Warriors and Shadow Moon go to war the outcome would not be my pack's favor."

Now I was really curious "what is it that you want beta?" Caleb asked beating me to the punch. I could feel his curiosity like he could feel mine through our bond. I could also feel as his wolf bristled for Julian's answer to his question.

"I want to join your pack."