Chapter 8 - Meetings

I closed the trunk of my car and walked inside the house, "that's everything, Conner, Caius and I will be back in a few days, remember the curfew that's been put in place for you and the rules that you'll do well to remember" I announced to everyone.

I turned to Caleb, "see you soon", he pulled mein for a kiss, I had wanted him to come with me to the meeting but after we both discussed it wefigured it'd be best that I went without him."We'll be fine" he assured.

"I expect you to be, after all you are their alpha" I told him then it was time to leave.

I got in the back seat and Conner got into the passenger seat while Caius drove. The pack knew about Caleb being my mate and they were more than welcoming to the thought of him ruling beside me as their alpha. But Caleb surprised us all by telling all of us he didn't wish me to hand over the alpha duties to him just yet, or not all of them anyway.

He would stay behind the scenes when I go out to the annual alpha meetings and made the deals, of course I didn't really understand what he was trying to do nor did the rest of the pack but he told everyone that he didn't want to take the position of alpha before I even got a chance to show what has come of my absence in the two years I've been gone.

The pack respected what he was doing and thought it was a good idea, in just a matter of months I was able to raise our rank and change our attack and defense system that rogues now are cautious about entering our territory because they are killed on sight. Being the first alpha female has its perks, but everyone on the outside thinks I'm a guy because I go by 'Case'. They are in for a rude awakening.

"How long are we going to be on the road?" I asked.

"Our destination is six hours away Alpha" Caius replied, I cringed at the length of time I'd be in this moving vehicle "thank you Caius."

Caius is one of the outstanding fighters that caught my eye; he was graceful in his combat but by no means subtle. I like that about him, he was the type that didn't talk much but he was definitely the loyal patron.

Standing at a height of 6'8, he usually strikes fear in the hearts of people with his large intimidating frame, plus with the strength of up to five wolves, he could easily take down anyone, and possibly challenge an alpha.

When I looked into the hazel eyes of Caius, I saw tremendous potential. So I made him my personal guard after that he told me he was quite honored and happy.

...

"Alpha, we've arrived" Caius announced, I sighed "finally" I muttered.

"Did you get car sick?" Conner asked.

"That too and  I got hungry."

Conner's eyebrows shot up, amusement clear on his face "you ate an hour ago."

"Side effects of being a female Alpha." that was an understatement, I had to eat thousands of calories a day just to meet the standard of "normal" in my book, if I ate less then I'd find myself being sluggish.

He shook his head and got out of the car and opened the door for me. I got out and thanked him. We climbed the steps to the historic building; the annual alpha meeting was an opportunity to make allies and also lay out any changes that has been made in the packs.

One of the elders is usually present to hear everything that happens in the packs. Caius pushed the door open and I walked in, with him and Conner following behind.

We made our way through the big entrance and headed directly to the meeting chambers. The tension could be felt from outside, the energies of Alphas clashed sending sparks of electricity through the air.

Walking across the threshold, I saw all the alphas had taken their seats and as I walked up to the elder that I was familiar with I gave her my invitation.

"It's very nice to see that you've returned" she gave a welcoming smile.

"Thank you Elder Jane."

I took my seat at the table while Caius and Conner were seated at the far wall, behind me.

Jane stood and smiled "alphas I'd like you to meet Alpha Case of the Crimson Warriors pack."

********

Hope you liked this chapter, thanks for the reads, comments, votes and follows. I appreciate the support!

- xoxo T