Chapter 27 - She's the Alpha

"Good morning beautiful" Caleb was smiling down at me, his bed head made him incredibly sexy, "morning handsome" I smiled. I brought his face down to mine and planted a kiss on his lips.

"It's been a while since I've had you all to myself" he groaned, "really? I hadn't noticed" I retorted, sarcasm dripping from my mouth. Caleb attacked my ribs making me scream and laugh "you wanna repeat that?" he dared.

"Oh my god-stop!" I screamed but he kept tickling me until I cried, "that ought to teach you" he beamed triumphantly; I smacked his arm and ran out of the bedroom with him on my trail.

I sped down the stairs to come in contact with my father, "Case you shouldn't be running down the stairs like that what if you broke your neck?" he rushed, I rolled my eyes then felt arms enveloped me, "should I give you more punishment?" Caleb whispered in my ear, my dad growled and I giggled.

"You will be dealing out no such deeds with my daughter" dad stated.

"I think I can do what I want with her" Caleb dared to say, I watched as my dad's face contorted to one of anger but before he said anything Caleb continued "with all due respect Mr. Shaw, I am your daughter's mate and you will have to accept me sometime. I've already marked and mated her and I do love her with my heart and soul. She is my life and I will have her anyway I please."

Caleb scooped me up and walked off with me leaving my dad shell-shocked. He walked into the dining room with me in his arms and everyone was there smiling, "standing up to the father is tiring huh?" Conner grinned.

My eyes widened, I didn't think anyone would hear that conversation, "very brave Caleb" Ty commended, applauding him, Caleb put me down in my seat and sat next to me.

"Thank you Tyrone."

...

"Come back and visit?"

It was time for Tyrone to leave, somehow it made me sad because in the short time he's been here I got very fond of him. He wasn't like any of the rumors I've heard about him; well I guess one has to have something special in them to be noticed by the king.

"Of course little one" he smiled and tapped my nose "preferably with your family next time" I suggested.

Ty laughed, "Yes I will make sure to note that. May I ask if you are giving up your title as Alpha to your mate?"

I thought about what he said for a while but then shook my head "no. Caleb and I spoke about it but he thinks it's better that I continue what I was born to do."

"Honest man, in the future I hope to have a wedding invitation, keep your pack safe Case."

"Of course. After all I am the Alpha."