Chapter 10 - Like Father Like Daughter

"I'd like to request an alliance with the young Alpha" Alpha Blake announced, heads snapped toward him and gasped from the Betas around were heard.

I smiled "I'd be happy to oblige."

Blake maybe a little rough around the edges but having him as an ally would prove most fruitful for me and my pack. He has connections around the world with other packs that could be potential allies. He's strict but that is why he is the number one pack ranked in the country.

Others envy him, but I got what I came here hoping to get. His alliance is absolute; he's very generous with his pack and his allies.

"Then if you don't mind alphas, please sign the contract-" Jane was cut off by Blake "I'd like to make a few modifications with the contract and have Alpha Case can look it over."

Jane turned toward me and I nodded my approval, she gave alpha Blake two days to make his changes in the contract and have me review it.

The meeting came  to an end and everyone went to their respective rooms.

...

A knock on my door pulled me from the book I was ready, "come in" I called, the door creaked open revealing Conner, he gave a small smile "morning Alpha"

"Good morning" I returned his smile, to tell the truth Conner looked like he was about to run off somewhere.

"Alpha Blake is asking for you in his room" he informed.

"Thank you Conner" I said and made my way to the door, Conner hand a frown on his face which did not do well for my calm mood "what's wrong with you?" I questioned.

"Nothing alpha" he tried to smile but it was forced.

"There are consequences for lying to me."

Conner stopped walking; I froze in my tracks and turned toward him "I've never been away from Simone this long" he muttered.

My eyebrows shot up, and I laughed a bit, Conner looked taken back by my outburst but somehow I felt relieved "I thought it was just me whom was antsy about leaving their mate behind" I sighed.

"How are you so composed about it? Don't you worry alpha?" he asked as we began to walk again.

"Of courseI worrybut you know better than that Caleb can hold his own and by the looks of yourmate's skills so can she but I do look forward to leaving" I smirked; Conner grinned as we stopped in front of Alpha Blake's room.

I knocked and waited a few moments; the door opened and he ushered me in, Conner said he'd be around if I needed him.

"I hoped you slept well young Alpha" Blake stated.

"I did thank you" I grinned.

We sat in the chairs near the window, the place was truly spectacular. "I've finished modifying the treaty, please look over it and let me know if you find anything unpleasing to you."

I nodded and took the paper from him, I read through it carefully, not much changes were made, the treaty stated them same.

Both parties that would be consenting to the alliance would aid each other whether it be in times of war or other matters such as if one party's land has been taken over they can go to their respective ally for shelter. They can and will not be turned down and twice a year we will travel back and forth to each other's territories so our respective members could sniff out possible mates.

The contract also states if one party has betrayed each other then they can be immediately viewed as an enemy and can announce war at any given time.

I looked at Blake and he was their staring at me with his hand on his chin, "everything sits well with me" I told him.

I grabbed the pen he gave to me and signed my name on the dotted line, Alpha Blake's name was already signed there was a copy of it just for me and I folded it neatly and placed it into my pocket.

"It's nice to have you as an ally Alpha Blake, I think we'll get along just fine in the future" I mused.

"I agree Alpha Case" he nodded, we shook hands and I stood.

"Why did you revoke the treaty with Dominic?" he questioned, I sat back down and sighed "Alpha Dominic's method of doing things doesn't appeal to me. My interest only lies where I can get something out of it" I revealed.

Blake's brow arched "and the treaty with Dominic would ensure your packs safety would it not?" he reasoned.

"An alliance with him would have me looking over my shoulder, I do not seek to put the lives of people who trust me in danger because of insignificant folly" I remarked.

Blake threw his head back laughing; his deep laughter vibrated his chest. He shook his head and a smile made its way onto his face. "You are indeed your father's daughter."

A grin broke out on my face from the compliment "I hope so" I muttered.

"Where is that old man of yours?" he asked changing subject, I shrugged "probably in the Maldives by now." my parents were currently on years long vacation travelling all over the world, something my mother had wanted to do for a while, my father wasn't exactly excited, he like more simple things but mother had persuaded him like she did every other time.

"He should be here to witness is daughter in her glory, you'll grow to be an even better alpha dear."