Chapter 14 - Dinners

"A little warning my little brother isn't exactly a people person" Caleb alerted me, "how old is he?" I asked.

"Sixteen."

"I don't think any teenager alive is a people person Caleb" I laughed, "I beg to differ, I happen to be very attached to this certain someone" he defended. I turned in his arms to face him, a wide gleeful smile was set on his face. It made my heart thump faster, his bright mood was indeed contagious.

"Let's go" Caleb grabbed my hand we sauntered down the steps of the pack house and out to the car. Caleb opened the door for me and I thanked him and got in, after he closed the door he jogged around to the driver's side and got in.

After starting up the Audi he pulled out of the driveway and headed of in the direction of his parents' house.

I couldn't help but feel a slight pressure come over me and I shifted in my seat, "are you nervous Case?"

"No" I frowned "a bit."

Caleb took a hand-off the steering wheel and intertwined our fingers, he brought my hand up to his lips and kissed the back of it. "They'll love you" he whispered.

"You don't know that" I scolded.

"Yes I do" he retorted.

I pursed my lips "please do elaborate."

We pulled up at a two story house and Caleb shut off the engine, he turned in his seat and looked at me, "I know they will because I do" he said softly.

He brought his hand to the back of my neck and pulled my face toward his, our lips met in a soft kiss that lingered a while.

"Say it" I commanded softly.

"Hm? Say what?"

I pulled away and narrowed my eyes at him. He chuckled and got out of the car, he came around and opened my door. I got out, my mood not the best at the moment "don't be mad" he whispered in my ear as we trudged up the steps.

As Caleb opened the door to his parents' house, he walked in and called out for his parents.

A brunette rushed up to us with a grin on her face "oh honey, it's nice to see you" she chimed and kissed him on the cheek. She then turned to me and hugged the daylights out of me "it's an honor alpha, I'm Morgan, Caleb's mother."

"It's a pleasure to meet you and please call me Case."

I saw where Caleb got his bright mood from, this lady was a ray of sunshine. She led us into the dining room where a man with tousled blonde hair stood, his hazel eyes were warm and he smiled at me "it's nice to have you alpha, I'm Chandler."

"Case, please, and it's my pleasure to be here."

Chandler, Caleb and I sat at the table while his mother shared dinner; after she shared dinner she walked out of the room for a while.

She came back into the room with a boy, Caleb's brother I assumed "tonight?" he asked.

"Yes" Morgan snapped as she took her seat,

"I have plans" he retorted.

"Cancel them, sit" she ordered.

"What's with you? One minute you're okay and the next you're a complete bitch" he snarled.

My eyebrows shot up, he was way out of line, back at training camp I had seen a few wolves drop their pups off that was the mirror image of Carson in this moment. Plain disrespectful, the camp leaders had quite a time with them because at the end of the punishment they received they were completely submissive. "Carson sit down!" Chandler growled.

"I refuse" he challenged, I decided to cut in before his father broke the table using it on him.

"You can either sit and eat or I can reach down your throat and pull out your insides" I gave my best smile and watched as horror etched quickly across his face, all the color was drained from his face as he watched me warily.

Carson quickly took his seat keeping silent but it made me frown "don't you have something to say?" I questioned.

"L-like what?" he stuttered.

"An apology perhaps?" I suggested.

He looked stunned for a moment then his mouth opened "my sincerest apologies alpha for my behavior."

I laughed a bit while Morgan and Chandler had their eyes fixed on me "not to me honey, I meant to your parents."

Carson frowned and didn't say a word "you only get one set of parents in your lifetime don't be an idiot and take them for granted" I said softly.

His eyes widened and held regret, he turned to his mother "you're right, mom, I'm sorry for calling you such a thing" he said.

"My goodness, Case you are something special. You'll make a wonderful mother one day" she turned to Carson "I accept your apology but you're grounded."

Carson nodded, I could see beside me Caleb watching me with pride and awe in his eyes, he reached out for me but I moved my hand and chose to ignore him.

I sighed, this should be fun.