Chapter 25 - New Members

"Alpha, Julian is here" Raymond announced, "let him and the others through" I instructed.

"Something wrong?" Caleb asked as he grabbed my hand, I shook my head and looked through the sea of people for my parents.

"Mom, there are new members that will be joining us, will you get about ten rooms ready?" I asked.

"Sure, sweetie and members from where?" she frowned.

"Shadow Moon" I announced. Another crash of glass and I sighed "what the hell are you talking about?" my dad growled.

"Sweetie, when did this happen?" mom questioned, I could hear the uncertainty in her voice.

"Yesterday" I stated "I'm know what I'm doing so there's no need for you all to be worried."

Ty was on the couch eyeing me suspiciously, "aren't Shadow Moon your sworn enemies?" he queried.

"I've never said such a thing" I shrugged, cars pulled up outside and I excused myself. I walked outside to be greeted by Julian getting out of his car.

"Glad you made, did Dominic know you were leaving?" I asked, he shook his head, "he doesn't check in with his pack" he grumbled.

The rest of his family and friends got out of the cars and walked up behind him. "Thank you so much for letting us join your pack Alpha" he smiled, "no problem, let's get you guys settled."

They all followed me inside where the rest of the pack were watching Ty was now among the spectators and Julian froze behind me, I turned to meet his gaze but he was looking at Ty.

"Conner" I called.

"Alpha?" he said stepping out of the crowd "take them up to my office, have them sign the official documents to make them part of the pack. I'll be up in a few minutes."

He nodded and led our newest members upstairs, "mom could you please get the rooms ready?" I asked my mother again, she nodded and scurried off with my dad behind her.

"I expect everyone to be here for dinner to welcome our newest members to the pack, tardiness will not be forgiven" I said.

Everyone soon filed out and went back to what they were doing, I walked to Ty "do you plan on staying?" I asked.

"I do, if it's not too much trouble" he shot me a crooked smile, he wasn't exactly what i expected of a king.

"not at all."

...

We were at dinner and I stood up getting everyone's attention, "everyone, as you know we have some new members" I motioned to them "I expect you all to treat them with respect and welcome them into their new home...also our king that will be with us for a while."

I turned to Julian "if you guys would introduce yourselves" I smiled, Julian nodded and he was the first to speak followed by his family and his friends. When they were all finished everyone did as I wanted and made them feel welcomed, they were mostly smitten by the kids.

After our dinner Ty wanted to talk to Julian and so did Caleb and I so we all went up to the office, I sat on the couch next to my mate and Julian sat next to Ty  in front of us.

"I'm curious Julian, why did you choose to join the Crimson Warriors, the other packs around here are of equal distance from each other" Ty stated.

Julian nodded, "I didn't think that they would let us join, I mean we had nothing to offer them but with this pack we did."

"And what would that be?" Ty pressed for information.

"Knowledge" Julian simply answered, Ty seemed quite taken back but he still had the happy gleam in his eye.

"Care to share?" I piped.

"Anything for you" Julian whispered "Dominic and David has had their eyes on this pack for quite some time, you may know your father and them didn't always see eye to eye. The treaty that you revoked with Dominic made him speed up his plans. He wants the Crimson Warriors as a trophy.

"Why though, it's not like Crimson Warriors intentionally went after his" Caleb voiced.

"Alpha Case, her father publicly shamed him and she did the same with the two meetings, he wants revenge" Julian shrugged.

"He sounds like a child" I mumbled, "I couldn't agree more Case, Julian how is he planning on taking the Crimson Warriors?" Ty questioned.

"Thayer was giving him and David information on your set up but him being beheaded and all kind of put a damper on his plans" he shifted uncomfortably at the memory of what happened to Thayer.

"How did Alpha Dominic take to Thayer's...decapitation?" Ty asked with a devious smirk planted on his handsome face.

Julian chuckled "he was scared shitless, in the car he wouldn't shut up about what a monster and how cold Alpha Case is" "that didn't scratch the surface of being cold, I simply dealt with it the way any sensible Alpha would" I shrugged.

"Alpha Lucas's beta had a panic attack after you left because Thayer's head was thrown on his lap" Julian dead panned, I laughed and shook my head "what else is there about Dominic and David that we need to know?"

Julian had a look of concentration on his features "they're coming here in two days to 'talk' but they'll be bringing friends that will be unnoticed" he informed me.

Sighing I rubbed my temples "do you have any idea what this 'talk' is about?"

"He'll be trying to get you to sign a phony treaty, but his real goal is to attack while he's still inside the pack."

"That's why you asked to join?" Ty frowned.

"I'd rather be on the side I know has values and stand for something then to give my life in vain."