Chapter 5 - Alpha

The snarls of the wolves left standing, facing their opponent, Jared, Becky, Brian, Jackson, Heather and Mason were all dead, their blood painted the grass around the clearing. Christopher, Simone, Conner and Raymond were left standing, but they were barely able to stand. They had fought with all they had, Conner kept protecting Simone though and vice versa which made me come to a drastic conclusion, they were mates.

As Christopher was about to deal a fatal blow to Conner I yelled out.

"Stop!"

Christopher was taken off guard and Conner quickly ducked out of the way avoided his oncoming attack.

They all turned to me, fear clearly dancing around inside their eyes.

"That's enough, shift" I commanded.

As they shifted Conner immediately embraced Simone, I eyed them with admiration. "You two are most impressive."

"Thank you alpha" Conner muttered.

"Simone, where did you learn your skills?" I questioned.

"Conner taught me along with...Caleb" she whispered, I nodded and turned to Christopher "you are nothing but a disappointment, I Cassia Taylor Shaw, renounce you Christopher Brandon Campbell as Beta of Crimson Warriors Pack."

Christopher being stripped of his title was immediately demoted to omega, he cringed as he gripped his wrist in pain, the mark of a failure appeared as a scorched mark, he and the others knew what this meant, he'd be isolated, treated like he had treated Caleb, but being the Alpha I am, I wouldn't allow it. That would just contradict the entire punishment. Christopher gritted his teeth and clenched his fists. He had no one but himself to blame, I just had to keep an eye on him in case he decided that his ego was worth more than his life.

"I hope you four reflect on your actions that has led you to this moment. Especially you Christopher, i had such faith in you...you're free to go."

...

My office door flew open and slammed against the wall; I looked up from my computer to face an angry Caleb. I glancedonce more at the funeral arrangements on the screen before sitting back in my leatherchair to indulge my mate. 

He marched up to me growling "what the fúck have you done?"

"Please do come in and sit" I smiled and gestured to the chair, "don't play games with me, why did you do that?" he barked.

"What do you speak of?"

"The Decima!" he snarled, I didn't like where his attitude was going and quite frankly he was beginning to piss me off.

"Couldn't you have done anything else but that? Jesus Cassia-"

"You will do well to remember who you're talking to Caleb, or have you forgotten? And as for the punishment I laid out...I'll do whatever I see fit for this pack" I growled.

Caleb scoffed "and here I thought that we were 'mates'"

My mouth set in a hard line as Ifelt Ember's hackles rise at the taunt "you say I'm your alpha, so I'm playing the role in which you've asked, I don't think you have any right to complain" my voice was icy without a tread of emotion; Caleb reeled back at my tone.

He shook his head, "I never asked you to have them kill each other off" he whispered, his voice hoarse with an emotion that surprised me. I knew they were once people he called his friends in the past but betrayal like the one he had been slapped with should've wiped the slate clean.

"Even if you asked or not it was a fitting punishment. Following Christopher's orders led them down that path; I will not tolerate my pack turning on each other because their following a path of some wannabe" I stated.

Caleb sinks in one of the chairs in front of my desk "you really are something you know that?" he chuckled lightly.

I stayed quiet watching him, he ran his hand through his dark hair that always looks like he just woken up. He stared at me but I can't read the expression on his face "you are something special Cassia Shaw, not only are you the first female alpha but you are in every way, a true alpha."