Chapter 24 - The Crown

"Your majesty?" I breathed, I quickly moved out of the way and ushered him in. "Thank you alpha Case" his graceful strides and his presence altogether was breathtaking.

Everyone had stopped eating and was now shocked that the king stood in our home, but as soon as they got over the shock panic settled in.

"Why don't we take this into the living room?" I offered, the king nodded in agreement and followed me into the living area. He sat on the couch opposite me "would you like anything?" I questioned.

"I'm fine Alpha, thanks."

"I wasn't notified of your visit your majestic, it's a bit shocking. May I ask what's wrong?" I asked.

"You get right to the point, I like that" he commented.

"Well when the king shows up at your doorstep it's usually not a good sign" I muttered, a deep rumble came from his chest and he laughed.

"Usually that is the case but this happens to be a social call" the perfect chalk skin of his cheeks creased as he flashed me the most inviting smile.

A social call? What the hell was he on about, "forgive me your majesty but if I'm correct, never in history have you made a 'social call' so would you please inform me of the reason of your visit?"

There was an emotion that passed through his eyes but it was gone to quickly for me to tell what it was, "I've been getting a lot of news about this young alpha that happens to be working up a storm. She has rogues afraid to step on her territory and other alphas are sure to give her the respect she deserves. Plus with the recent events of what happened at the last alpha meeting that was called" he paused searching my face but I kept it blank "you happen to intrigue me young alpha, so I've come here to ask for your hand in marriage."

A crash of glass was heard and gasps quite after, I looked upon the king as his words sunk in.

I shot up out of my seat and looked at him like he was mad "I'm sorry? Marriage? To you?"

He stood and took my hands "that is correct, you don't have to worry about your pack, they will indeed join mine" he stated coolly.

A growl ripped through the house and I knew it was Caleb but I saw in the corner of my eye as my father restrained him.

"Have you lost your mind?" I blurted.

Gasps were heard and another glass shattered on the ground, I pulled my hands away from him and took a couple steps back to put some distance between us.

"I'm flattered that you'd want to marry me but without a doubt you already have a wife and child if memory serves me and for you to come here and propose such nonsense is unforgivable!" I growled.

The house shook with my rising anger and the king's eyes widened but I didn't stop there I continued "you should show your wife some respect and now go out hunting for other possible spouses, you're a king for god sakes, a grown man that's twenty eight years old. Do not mock me!"

I was shaking uncontrollably until the king burst out laughing; I stopped and looked at him wide eyed.

"My, my...you are quite the brave heart speaking to your king like that" he smirked, I growled at him "I don't give a damn who you are, for you to even suggest a thing makes you a sleaze ball."

He threw his head back laughing once more, and I was becoming more and more angry. When he settled himself, he looked at me with a warm smile "I was only joking darling, please calm down."

I was dumbfounded, I'm sure the rest of the pack felt the same way as I did, he was joking?

"Why would you..." I took deep breaths to calm the rage I was feeling, I sat back down in the chair "I meant what I said though, this is a social call and I am intrigued by you Cassia. You are the youngest alpha standing at eighteen. You have the courage and intelligence, you are making a difference in your pack and inspiring others to do so" he commended.

"Thank you your majesty" I muttered.

"Please, call me Ty" he insisted.

I nodded, watching him warily "I've adapted some of your set ups as well" he informed, I couldn't help but smile and feel honored.

"That's incredible, especially coming from you" I beamed.

"I need to ask you something" he said getting serious "what is it?" I asked.

"Do you have a crown anywhere on your body?" he asked, my mood instantly darkened "what?" I frowned.

He held up his hands in surrender "hear me out, I think that you are one of the few rare alphas that earn the title without having to steal it. One that can work their way up the ladder taking their pack with them, a true alpha right down to the bone" he explained.

"I don't have such a mark."

"Are you sure? It should have come within the two months that your pack jumped rank" he frowned.

I didn't know what to say because I didn't notice any mark on me that was out of place, "you do" Caleb's voice made me snap my head around to him.

"I do?"

He nodded and came over to me, he pulled me up and moved my hair out of the way, "is this what you meant?" he asked Ty.

"There it is" Ty sounded pleased.

"There what is?" I asked getting frustrated.

"The crown, you have it just as I suspected" he sounded pleased, I turned around and saw him grinning and Caleb standing there with a look of pride on his face.