Chapter 9 - Treaties

"Alpha?"

"She's a woman!"

"I've never heard of this!"

The other alphas were all a notch away from shouting at the elder. I understood why too, males were always the first born but I guess my parents got lucky with me. Having a male as an Alpha was almost the same as breathing air now here I came and uprooted their century long tradition. The news of me being an Alpha was just wreaking havoc on their minds and I sat back watching them while Ember stayed alert. I was more than happy to shatter the reality of males being the only ones capable to be Alphas, a lot of men wouldn't openly admit it but they knew females were the backbone of the pack, without us...well our species would be extinct and the lands males had would more than likely be barren. "Will all of you be silent!" Jane barked, all talking ceased and an uncomfortable silence fell upon us. Jane looked at me, "Would you please dear?"

I nodded and turned toward the alphas seated around me "My name is Cassia Shaw, and like Elder Jane said I'm the alpha of the Crimson Warriors."

"Your beta has been here for the last two meetings, where have you been?" I recognized the rough voice of Alpha Blake of the Crystal Blood pack.

"Away for training" I answered.

"You seem a bit young to be an alpha" he narrowed his eyes at me but I didn't at all feel intimidated by him.

"My age has nothing to do with running a pack" I shot back.

"I'd beg to differ, your beta seemed quite childish" he snapped.

"Yes, I would agree. His mental age did nothing good for him. You would notice he isn't here" I kept my voice monotone.

Alpha Blake looked over in Conner's and Caius' direction then back to me, but he didn't say anything.

"I have to congratulate you Alpha Case, you've managed to perform quite a drastic change in you pack in just a little amount of time" Alpha Dominic commented.

"Thank you" the corners of my mouth tugged upward.

The meeting was going swimmingly and the minor details were out of the way, while Elder Jane spoke and everyone cleared their up matters,I observed all the six alphas that surrounded me.

Alpha Blake, Alpha Dominic, Alpha David, Alpha Taylor, Alpha Chase and Alpha Lucas.

If I had to say, Alpha Dominic was an alpha that played dirty, and that stupid former beta of mine signed a treaty with him.

"Is there anything that anyone would like to change?" Jane questioned.

"I'd like to clear up a little matter" I spoke, I pulled out the signed papers I had of the treaty with him "I'd like to revoke my treaty with Alpha Dominic."

Jane's eyes widened and she blinked rapidly taking in what I had just said; the other alphas looked like they were just smacked with a fish. Their mouths were slack and their eyes held astonishment from my frank request.

Alpha Dominic on the other hand was not too pleased, "is there a reason that you wish to revoke the alliance we have?" he growled.

"Yes. My former beta signed the treaty but I doubt giving his IQ that he even bothered to read it...your treaty states that within three years time if the Crimson Warriors pack were on the verge of being taken over by rogues you would step in and I would have no choice but to hand the pack over to you" I paused looking at him.

"Yes that is correct."

"It's textbook that Beta cannot sign any contract without the consent of his or her alpha. I gave him no such permission; therefore the 'alliance' that we share is void."

Alpha Dominic looked seriously shocked that I would know this; already he's underestimating me because of my age and that I did not like.

"You know what will happen if you revoke the alliance, do you wish to have me as an enemy?" there was a V forming in the middle of Dominic's forehead as his brows drew together.

"Do you wish to be mine?" I shot back; he growled and looked at the elder standing there. Jane quickly compose herself and cleared her throat, "Alpha Case, do you wish to reenact the contract with Alpha Dominic and make it valid?" she queried.

"No."

"And why is that?" Dominic growled lowly.

"With all due respect, your alliance benefits me none" I stated bluntly.

For a second time, the alphas mouths hung open and they all stared at me wide eyed in disbelief. Alpha Dominic was glaring daggers at me but I could care less.

Jane was biting down on her lip harshly, a little more pressure and she would draw blood.

"Alpha Case, your treaty with Alpha Dominic is hereby null and void" Jane stated "would anyone else like to make any changes?"

"I'd like to request an alliance."

*********

Heheh gotta love a girl's fierceness!

Thank you all for reading, i hope you enjoyed this chapter.

- xoxo T