Chapter 3 - Where You Belong

Stepping out of the shower I wrapped a towel around my body, it was always nice to have a hot shower after a morning workout. After having to give my pack another lesson on fitness so early in the morning, there wasn't a sound around the pack for miles; everyone had retired to their rooms after repeating the results of their workout from yesterday. I opened the bathroom door only to stand frozen in the door way.

My mate had woken from his rest, and he was shirtless; I hadn't had the chance to properly take in his features since I was sidetracked by the pack but now gazing upon his glory I felt my heart had started to beat profoundly in my chest. He was indeed blessed with an amazing body, every muscle in his torso was defined to the point where I was starting to regret taking a hot shower, a cold one seemed more adequate as this point. His black hair was all tousled making his bedhead look incredibly sexy, his face was bare of any facial hair giving him a very boyish look but that didn't surprise me since he was close to my age.

He tensed when he saw me, his eyes pierce my soul, causing Ember to purr in content, she was very happy with the mate that we had been blessed with; I smiled at him and made my way to my draws.

I pulled out a pen and paper and sat on the bed pulling him down with me. "I need you to write down all the names of the people who hurt you."

"Exactly what are you planning to do?" his deep voice sent shivers down my back.

"Let me worry about that" I replied and stood, he grabbed my hand making me turn to face him.

He had a frown on his beautiful face; his blue orbs stared into my green. I decided then that his eyes were what I loved most about his features; they were pools of heaven and the brightest blue I've ever laid eyes on.

"Why aren't you rejecting me?" he asked.

a rumble came from my chest as Ember voiced her spark of rage, my eyebrows had already been pulled together in confusion as i stared into the eyes of my mate "why would I reject you?"

"I'm an omega" he stated as if it was the most obvious reason.

"I don't care about your former status; you are my mate and mine alone."

Mate seemed shocked by my words but still his lips tugged up into a smile "thank you."

"How long has this been going on?" I questioned.

"Since you left" he stated.

Since I left? Yup,that was the third confirmation that I'd made one hell of a mistake when I had asked Christopher to look after my pack! I wondered for a split second if I hadn't come home earlier if I would've even had a pack, or if...

I gasped as my thoughts stopped short "I'm sorry, I don't even know your name... "

He chuckled and stood, towering over me "Caleb" he whispered.

"Well Caleb, it's nice to meet you" I pulled him down into a kiss, which he quickly responded to. His hands traveled down to my ass and grabbed me hoisting me up. I wrapped my legs around his narrow waist while fisting my hands in his hair. His tongue slid along my lip asking for entrance but I denied, he bites down on my lip and I moan giving him the opportunity to shove his tongue in my mouth.

Caleb sucked on my tongue which made me moan and a feverish heat travel down south; I heard a low rumble in Caleb's chest and Ember purred within me as my body reacted to everything he did.

Pulling away from the kiss, I breathed air into my lungs.

Caleb was working his way along my jaw, placing feathery kisses on my skin. He stopped and nibbled on my ear making me moan deeply.

The sound of the shower made me snap my eyes open, I hadn't realized I had them closed. He stepped inside and I felt as the warm water cascaded down my body as my mate had me pushed against the cold tiles, now sucking on the sensitive spot on my neck.

"Caleb!" I cried out.

With a sudden jerk, he pulled away from me and put me on my feet, and backed away from me. His eyes were dark and he just stood there, I was getting a bit concern so I took a step toward him but froze when a peril growl came from him.

"Don't."

"What's wrong?" I whispered.

His eyes found mine and I waited for his answer, "I don't believe that this is what you want" he chuckled-I frowned- "I'm an omega, you're an alpha. My alpha-"

The next growl was mine and I took two quick strides to him kneeing him in the groin, as he fell on his knees groaning I grabbed his face in my hand and forced his head upward; I stared him in the eye, Irefused to let him reject me. 

"I am your alpha, but I am also your mate, I meant what I said earlier Caleb. You. Are. Mine."

With that I released his face and walked out of the bathroom. He's going to have to accept that we are mates sooner or later. No matter what, we are equals and belong with each other.

******

:) hope you like the claim Case has put on Caleb, thanks for reading

-xoxo T