Chapter 11 - Curtesy

"It's been a pleasure meeting you little Alpha" Alpha Lucas chimed, I raised my eyebrows "the pleasures all mine" I smiled; we shook hands and said our goodbyes. I turned to elder Jane. "Darling it's been so long since I've seen you, I'll come visit when your parents are back" she pulled me into a hug, "please do aunty Jane"

See Jane is my great aunt, she's always been a charismatic person, no wonder she ended up on the counsel.

I waved goodbye to her as I got in the car.

I was extremely delighted to be going home, I needed my mate and being away from him was agonizing.

Conner was driving and I was looking out the window while Caius was frozen in the passenger seat.

I sighed "everything alright alpha?" Conner questioned.

"Yea, I'm glad to be out of there" I mumbled, "so am I, I'm practically going crazy right now" he laughed.

"Impatient one aren't you?" I teased.

I saw the corner of his mouth curl, "a couple days is a little too long for me to be away from Simone" he replied softly.

I shook my head, focusing my attention on my protective giant that was silent, "do you have a mate Caius?"

He seemed to relax a tad, "I do Alpha."

I was a little interested in Caius; he seemed like the mysterious type "oh? How long were you two together?"

"Six years."

I abruptly sat up and looked over at him making Conner flinch, Caius was startled by my actions also "A-Alpha?" Conner panicked.

I looked at Caius's left hand, no ring. I frowned "You're twenty-five correct?" I queried,

"I am" he smiled

"Is your mate...um, alive?" Caius frowned at my question "yes alpha she is, is there something wrong?" he asked.

"Yes!" I shrieked making Conner flinch again "why aren't you married?"

Caius chuckled and turned to me, "Dahlia and I haven't thought much about it, and saying that we aren't married isn't entirely true now is it?"

"Well I suppose not but six years is a long time together and you haven't even popped the question" I mumbled.

"I'm honored that you've taken such a liking to my relationship" he smiled, it was the first time seeing him smile and it was like watching the sun rise for the first time.

I sat back in my seat dazed by what just happened, "how do you cope with being away from her?" I asked.

"Knowing that I will see my love again is enough for me" Caius stated.

"A true romantic huh?" I giggled.

"It's double the coping for you since you have a kid" Conner added, I gasped "you have a child?"

"I do Alpha; I have a daughter that is eight months old" he told me proudly, "Caius...it's bad manners to knock someone up without marrying them" I said sternly.

There was a silence in the car before Conner broke out in laughter "Alpha, we are already married" Caius protested.

"I know that having a mate is the equivalent to being married in the human society but every woman wants a symbol of sort to show off to the world that she is yours" I explained.

"Wouldn't the mark be that symbol?" Conner asked after he calmed down, I nodded "yes, but there is nothing wrong with going the extra mile. Wouldn't it be nice to wake up next to Mrs. Caius Winters?"

The gentle giant smiled warmly and nodded "I would have to agree with you alpha, that does have a nice ring to it."

"I'm sure she thinks so too"

*******

Well there's another side to Case when she's not in 'alpha mode', I think it's pretty cute, how about you guys?

Thanks for reading!

- xoxo T