Chapter 4 - The Price You Pay

It's been an entire week; my anger has not evaporated completely. I've had a trying time with car dealers, instead of selling the sports cars I decided to trade them in receiving over halfa million for them. I found some other crap that Christopher bought for that redheaded girlfriend of his, a lot of antique treasures that I gladly auctioned off and got a hefty price for, I also sent someone into her closet and whatever was new that came out of the packs money to send back immediately.

Inall I got back a quarter of what Christopher had spent. As for the pack, I've got the lot of them outside burning of what laziness they've come to have.

A knock on the door made me growl, "come in" I called.

I went back to typing on the laptop, the door opened and my mate's sweet scent of citrus and woods wafted inside the room.

I looked up at Caleb "Alpha, I have the list you need" he stated.

I gestured for him to come in and he closed the door and sat in front of me, I sighed and took the paper from him.

"Please don't call me that" I told him.

"Call you what?" he asked.

"Alpha...you're practically my equal, just call me Case" I smiled.

"You are my alpha until otherwise" he argued, ember growled in my head and I frowned, he sure stuck to his guns.

Switching my attention to the list in my hand I looked at all of the names.

Christopher Campbell

Heather Marks

Becky Dawson 

Conner Pearce 

Brian Wright 

Simone Walker

Raymond Ackman

Jackson Troy

Mason Higgins 

Jared Wilson

"Are these all of them...the ones that hurt you?" I looked at him; he nodded "those are the main ones."

I nodded slightly, the main ones, hmm, if I wasn't mistaken the list of people were Christopher's friends and warriors of the pack, people that should be strong enough to take out an Omega, looking at Caleb I spoke "I need you to tell me something." 

...

I found out from Caleb that not only did Christopher been using the packs money for his little vendettas and for his party buddies; he didn't use his own bank account at all and encouraged the others to make request on what they wanted and he'd 'provide' for them. He didn't take care of them or the pack house at all.

Caleb did everything for them, the cooking and cleaning and Christopher and he couldn't say no because of the command Christopher had him under. The adults couldn't exactly butt in because they were also afraid of Christopher, even if they pitied Caleb. His room in the pack house was taken from him, and when he was about to move back in with his parents Christopher ordered him to the confines of the basement. Christopher and his buddies repaid him by bullying him and refusing to let him eat among them because he wasn't 'one of them', but Caleb had a job and fended for himself, he always fought back against them even if he'd get a worse beating if he did.

"I remember you were supposed to be Gamma...what happened?" I quizzed.

"I was Gamma for a while, Chris had his eyes set on a certain girl and she didn't feel the same about him, instead she had feelings for me and then when he started the entire charity thing with the pack's money I went against him, I tried to talk him out of it so he demoted me to omega."

I nodded and dismissed him, 'time for their lesson' Ember commented.

I sighed closing my laptop, and sat back in my chair.

Caleb is pretty strong, I would've killed Chris a long time ago if I were in his place but the hell that would cause wouldn't be very good. He was the only one who took care of everyone, even with what had been done to him.

He was a natural born leader, I respected and admired that.

I wandered downstairs and out the back door to see the pack now coming back from their two mile swim.

"How do you guys feel?" I asked my voice was loud with authority; I got a lot of 'beat', 'worn out' and 'dead'. Some others said they were a bit sore but okay, "I'm glad, I want you to remember your aching muscles because you'll do this every day until it comes like a natural workout" I grinned.

"Yes alpha" they chorused.

"Now, stretch and you're free to go. ChristopherCampbell, Heather Marks, Becky Dawson, Conner Pearce, Brian Wright, SimoneWalker, Raymond Ackman, Jackson Troy, Mason Higgins and Jared Wilson. The lot of you will stay behind" I ordered.

Within ten minutes the pack was finished with their training and they all ran inside to get some food.

"Alpha, what's this about?" Christopher addressed me with caution, as well he should.

"Well, this is concerning your personal punishment" I remarked.

"I don't understand what we have done wrong?" a blonde girl asked, I looked into all the packs files. Her name was Simone, she was a bright girl but not bright enough.

"There's a certain person that all of you have taken a...interest in. specifically to torment his life" her eyes held guilt and a little pity.

"Alpha-" I cut off the redhead, Heather as she started to panic.

"As far as he tells me, his demotion from his rightful rank was because of a petty issue. His demotion was also not approved by me, I'm sure you all know that actions have consequences."

When they all didn't say anything I continued.

"The ten of you have harmed your alpha and my mate, you will not be forgiven. Tomorrow morning at 10 am, you will meet in the trainingarea east of the pack; you all will be in a Decima."

A Decima is an ancient ritual taken to assess an individual's strength and weakness, there are two forms of a Decima, the modern one that an everyday alpha can order, a specific number of wolves would fight each other until the strongest is left standing. The ancient Decima can only be carried out by a royal Alpha.

I watched as horror crossed each of their faces, "alpha, please! Anything but that!" Jared begged.

I stared into his eyes "this is the price you pay for angering me."