Chapter 16 - The Parents

I was out for a morning run, after the events of last night, Caleb and I still were stuck where we were. I needed to clear my head, around him I can never think straight, his presence alone makes my mind all hazy.

Getting out in the open having the wind whip through my fur as I pushed my legs faster was one of the best feelings I've experienced. Ember was more than grateful to have control as she took us miles per minute.

Stopping at a small clearance, ember sat on her rump and rested her head on her paws; she took in our surroundings and gave control over to me. I lied there in the grass, closing my eyes, I drifted off into a peaceful darkness that I so much welcomed.

...

I had no idea how long I was asleep in the forest; I sprinted back in the direction of the house stopping for a few minutes at the edge of the forest to shift and put some clothes on.

I jogged back to the house. On approaching the door I heard a commotion, I opened the door to see a huge crowd, they turned toward me with sympathetic eyes and I frowned. Everyone moved out of the way to let me pass, in the center of the crowd was my mate and...my dad.

"What are you doing?" I blurted.

Their heads snapped toward me, "Cassia!" my dad growled, "Dad" I mimicked his tone; he glared at me while I rolled my eyes.

I turned toward the pack "everyone you can go back to what you were doing" everyone shuffled out of the room and I turned back to my father and Caleb.

"My office, now!" I growled.

I saw the flash of fear in both their eyes but of course they covered it up quickly and marched up to the office.

I walked in the kitchen, opened the refrigerator and got bottle water. I spun around and froze in my tracks; there was a little girl no older than two smiling up at me.

"Do you need something sweetie?" I asked.

She nodded staring at the bottle in my hand; I picked her up and twirled around to the sink, I grabbed one of the kid's sippy cups and poured a little water into it.

"Where's your mommy?" I asked her, her grey eyes shimmered, she still had a smile on her face, "mommy in bed" her voice was soft and squeaky, she was indeed cute.

I nodded and decided to take her with me since I didn't know which mommy she belongs to.  I walked carefully up the stairs with the little pup and the cup and bottle in my hands.

I pushed the door to my office, my father and Caleb still arguing, the stopped when they caught sight of me, my mother was in the far right sitting on the couch.

"Hey mom" I greeted.

Her eyes bugged out looking at the tiny toddler in my arms, "y-you have-" my mother was cut off by a menacing growl "you got my daughter pregnant!" dad bellowed, Caleb opened his mouth to say something but the little one in my arms started to cry.

I glared at my dad and Caleb, I walked around and sat in the chair, I put the bottle and the sippy cup on the desk and gave my attention to the little girl. "Calm down it's okay" I cooed as I bounced her, she put her arms around my neck and I patter her back.

"I suggest you two have a seat and not do anything to make this little girl cry or I'll have you outside hanging from your balls" I threatened.

Their eyes widened and they took a seat in front of me, "why don't you drink your water sweetie?" I asked the little girl, she sniffled and pulled a little away from me so I could position her differently on my lap. I grabbed the sippy cup and gave it to her and watched as she put it up to her mouth.

"Now, when did you get back?" I asked my dad.

"Two hours ago" he shrugged, "and is there a reason you and my mate are shouting at each other?" I asked

"He was asking around for you, and he told your beta that when he woke up you weren't there" dad muttered the last part; I could tell he swallowed a growl that threaten to slip past his lips.

"And you jumped to the worst conclusion there was?" I shook my head.

"A lot of males will want you for your position honey, you can't blame your father" mom chimed in, I snorted "I know but Caleb isn't like that. It actually took me a lot of effort to get him to accept that he was my mate" I informed them.

"What?" my dad looked at Caleb and narrowed his eyes "yea, he was against the whole thing" I whispered.

"Why?" mom quizzed.

"I was an omega" Caleb announced.

"No you weren't, I remember everyone in this pack, you were to be third in command like your father" dad stated.

"That took a little detour" I told my dad about what's been happening over the past two years that I've been gone. Christopher and his stupidity, the rogues, the other alphas wanting the pack the meeting and alpha Dominic and Blake and that rogue Gideon.

Dad was about to growl "dad!" I warned.

Mom got up and rubbed his shoulders calming him, "you don't want your daughter to follow through with her threat now do you?" mom teased, dad stiffened and shuddered at the thought.

"What did you do to them?" mom asked,

I knock on the door had all of us on alert "come in" I raised my voice. A woman rushed in, "alpha, I can't find my baby" she rambled, she went on and on describing her until I stopped her.

I raised the little girl in my arms "is this her?"

The woman's eyes lit up and then she ran around the desk "Abby!" she scooped up the little girl hugging her as she squealed. She looked at me questioningly "she wandered down the steps" I told her

"Oh my god was she hurt?" she asked, I shook my head "no she was thirsty" "thank you Alpha" she smiled and hurried out of the room.

Dad sighed, one of relief, probably glad the little girl wasn't mine.

"Back to the topic at hand honey" mom reminded me.

"Oh, I threw them in a Decima" I replied coolly, my dad stiffened "you what?" he whispered.

"Cassia, didn't you think that was a bit rash?" mom scolded, I growled at her "no I do not! That was a price to pay for hurting one of their own not to mention their alpha" I snapped.

"Cassia-" I cut her off "no mom, I'm sure if it was dad he would've played a game of cat and mouse with them. They didn't all die; the remaining four along with the pack got the message that everyone is treated equally here."

"You demoted Christopher though" dad said.

"Yes I did, he'll remain an omega until I decide that he can deem himself worthy of a higher rank, Conner and Simone got the beta position and the last one Raymond he's around" I paused "I'm surprised though, I thought you two would've been watching me and the pack like hawks just like you did back then."

"Back then you were a bit...frigid and we knew sending you off to camp was the best thing, we didn't want to question your judgement so we went on vacation.However it seems were a little to trusting off the juveniles you left in place." dad sighed as he rubbed his temples.

Dad and mom didn't question me anymore; dad did apologize to Caleb and explained their sudden trip back home. Of course the gossip spread about there being the female alpha that's incredibly strong and how she picked a fight with Alpha Dominic. My parents said once they heard about me and Alpha Dominic they got on the first flight back here.

As I'm gaining reputation around the world, I'm also gaining many enemies, and my main ones are Gideon and Dominic.