ONE

"Come on Cere, you gotta get up baby," Ivy said looking down at her best friend

"Come on Cere, you gotta get up baby," Ivy said looking down at her best friend. It had been four months since her brother died in her arms and Sincere hasn't left the house since.

Well besides to go to work.

Sincere hasn't been eating regularly nor has she been in connect with the world. After work, she would complete her school work, take a shower and go to sleep.

Sincere hasn't cried since the day she watched her brother die. Her grandma told her that she needed to cry and let it out but she just couldn't.

Her grandma's exact words were, 'Baby you can't keep running from your emotions because it's only going to drain you. If you keep on running the day that you decided to stop, it might be too late causing you to snap.'

Sincere knew that what her grandma told her was right but she couldn't help but be angry with herself. Sincere felt like if she would have just let him go then he would have still been here.

She didn't deserve to cry was what she told herself. She was part of the reason her brother is gone. She reminded herself that every day the point to where she became emotionally numb and detached.

"Why are you here," She questioned breaking out of her trance. She hoped she wasn't coming off as rude but at the same time, she didn't really care if she was.

"To get you out of the house," Ivy said sitting on the bed. Sincere looked at her like she was crazy. "I'm not going nowhere besides to bed so leave me alone," She shrugged laying back down.

"No we have repeated the same cycle for the last past four months," Ivy sighed laying on top of Sincere. "Look Cere baby we don't have to go anywhere extravagant let's just go get you something to eat," Ivy said trying to reason.

Sincere sat there weighing her options out. She either go out or allow Ivy to keep on bothering her. "Alright let me get dressed," She mumbled, going with the first option.

"Okay come on," Ivy squealed getting off of her best friend. Sincere waved her off before getting up.

"I'm about to go take a shower," Sincere mumbled before walking into her bathroom. "Alright imma be in the living room," Ivy replied walking out of the room.

Sincere showered for about fifteen minutes before drying herself off and getting out. She quickly brushed her teeth, even though she did it this morning also.

"Hoemygod," She huffed once she took her bonnet off. Sometimes Sincere hated having a head full of hair and other times she adored it.

She just decided to put some of her hair up and wear the rest down. Sincere wasn't really in the mood to style her hair.

"Alright now what to wear," She mumbled to herself as she scanned her closet.

Sincere ended putting on a hoodie and some sweat pants.