TEN

"No im not doing that

"No im not doing that. I'm not taking the hit pops," Kobe shook his head, declining his dad's offer. He was at his dad's office at one of his warehouses.

"Come on they are willing to pay 5k for his head," His dad tried to reason.

"I told you I'm not taking any more small hits after the last one I did." He shrugged. "You talking 7k which is chump change. The lowest I go is 30k and you know this," Kobe added, which made his dad smack his teeth.

"Well shit, I was just telling you about the hit. I'm just gonna get somebody else to do it then," His dad said looking up from his computer.

"Yeah you do that Darnel," Kobe mumbled getting up.

"Boy don't play with me," His dad bucked playfully.

"I'm about to head out. Tell ma I'm going to stop by sometime next week," He said walking towards his dad's desk.

"Alright, be safe son," Darnel replied while dapping Kobe off.

"I'm always safe," Kobe replied smartly.

"Smart ass," He heard his dad say as he walked out the office.

Getting in his car Kobe felt around for his phone. He was tired because his dad called him early in the morning telling him to come by because there was an available hit, knowing that Kobe it wasn't in his price range.

Sometimes Kobe just wishes he could smack his dad upside the head. They had a very complex relationship. They were more like friends but had set boundaries. Kobe and Darnel knew their limits with each other.

Kobe also respected his dad and never once disrespected him.

His dad never forced him to live the fast life, it was Kobe's choice. A choice that he often regrets. His parents didn't agree with his choice at first but Kobe was a grown adult. His mom Venessa is still on the fence about his occupation but she understood that it was his choice.

His parents did make sure that he played the game smart though. His dad being the main person constantly being on his case about making smart moves and moving in silence.

Although Darnel participated in illegal activities, he made sure to teach his kids the law and their rights. As a result, Kobe and Kayla were very educated when it came to their rights and the laws.

"Hello," Kobe spoke into his phone.

"Mann Kobe come get us Otis bald ass tripping again," Trey huffed.