chapter 6

“You know I hate you for this.” I angrily told Avan as we walked away from the detention class. Since we finished it, I was in a hurry to get home so I wouldn’t be responsible for murder…you can guess who my victim is.

“I know.”

“I will get my revenge.”

“I’ll be waiting.” He replied with a smirk that never left his face, ever since I got detention.

We came to a stop in front of the school. Peering out to the car park, I could only see the teacher’s cars.

“So whose picking you up” I asked Avan.

“I always wait inside uncle’s car until he arrives.” He told me “Uh Ciara…”

“Hmm.”

Avan started to rub the back of his neck “Can you lead me to his car” he-dare I say-shyly asked. Aww…he needs my help.

“Sure, which car is his?” My casual voice shocked him for some odd reason. Avan probably expected me to say no, for getting me detention.

God, I’m not heartless! But push me too far and I will create World War 3 on your ass.

“It’s the Mercedes Benz”

“Really” I asked in surprise “I would have pegged him for a monster truck.”

 Avan shrugged but didn’t comment. I swept through the car park for a Mercedes but I couldn’t find one. “Um he parks in the teacher’s car parks right?” I asked still looking around. “Nah” Avan sarcastically answered. Rolling my eyes, I had to break the bad news to him “Well I don’t see it, there is only a jeep, pickup truck and a Honda civic.”

“What, he wouldn’t leave me here… especially with you.” I scowled and crossed my arms.

How rude!

 Avan pinched the bridge of his nose “I don’t suppose…”

“Yes…” I started to smirk because I knew he was stuck here and only I can help him.

“You could take me home.” He said really quickly but I still got it. “Nope” I popped the p.

“Why not?” he asked angrily “You didn’t say please.” Ha! That’s what you get jerk!

Avan groaned “Can you please take me home” he stretched out the please.

“Okay, come on, we have a long walk ahead of us.” I started to pull him but Avan wouldn’t budge. “Walk? Don’t you have a car.” He asked

“Yes but Maya’s borrowing my car.” I started to pull him again but he still wouldn’t move. “Well use your phone and call her to pick us up because I’m not walking all the way home.” he yelled.

“Oh yeah, good one. See, this is why I keep you around.”

Letting go of his hand, I fished for my phone. I searched my front and back pockets but I couldn’t find it. “Just a minute” I nervously told Avan “It’s here somewhere.” I gave up when I didn’t feel the rectangular device.

Then I suddenly remembered, “Avan” nervously laughing I started to fidget with the hem of my shirt. “You don’t have it” it was a statement “Nope, Maya has it and I also think she’s the reason why your uncle left you.”

Avan face became confused, “Maya may or may not have told me she needed to talk to your uncle, and it may or may not be related to the situation we are in now.” I winced at my words, silently cursing Maya for making me feel Avan’s wrath…alone.