chapter 22

Avan’s POV

“Oh imagine the looks on those old hags’ faces when I show them the pic of us!” the women giggled, while I scrunched up my face. “They’ll be wondering how I got such a handsome young man!” she playfully slapped my arm, I tried to create some distance between us but she pulled me even closer.

No more chances, Ciara’s gotta go!

This is too much for me! When Kitty ran away from me at the park, she forgot one little detail…Me! I can only get home with jasper or someone but not by myself!

God that girl, if I didn’t love her I would murder her. Yes, yes I love her but I think I learned my lesson on telling Ciara anything important like this. With the number of times I’ve been interrupted, I’ll just keep it to myself.

Back to the present, so I had to ask someone to lead me home, praying that they weren’t a weirdo but it seems lately that my luck has run out whenever I’m with Ciara. The first person I asked just so happen to be a desperate, old woman.

I tried to get away from her once my instincts kicked in, telling me that this person may be the death of me. It was the same instincts that I got when I first met Ciara, but it stopped for some odd reason. But for this old hag, my gut feeling is telling me to forget getting home and just make a run for it!

It’s that bad but then I thought about Kitty who’s probably huddled in a corner thinking about her embarrassing moment.

*A random bubble portal appeared*

“I can’t believe I did that!” I groaned in my hands and pulled my legs to my chest.

“Avan must be so embarrassed to be with me.” I started rocking on the floor, my old habits (That I tried really hard to get rid of) kicked in and soon I was sucking my thumb…

Yes, I’m 17 years old and I suck my thumb in desperate moments…not my best habit if I must admit. Damn my baby years!! My first words were apparently “Kill Fido.” How the devil did that happen? Oh so conveniently my arch nemesis just so happened to my first precious moment as a baby.

Man, I felt sorry for my parents who were probably betting on whose name I would say first.

Suddenly my door opened to reveal Amber. She stood by the doorway with Fido by her side. Fido whined but to me it sounded like a snicker…Grr, Kill Fido.

Great, I’m talking in baby language, another one of my horrible habits.

“Mom! Ciara’s in her depressing corner again!” Amber yelled and then turned and walked away. What a nice cousin…so thoughtful to care for her depressed cousin…Kill Amber!

*Bubble portal was popped by a needle.*

So now I have to endure this torment until the woman can get me home. By the sound of her voice, she sounds around her mid 30’s. The nasally voice means she either had a very annoying voice or has a blocked nose.

I’m going with both…

The rustling of fabric means she’s wearing way too much. I could practically hear all of her jewelry jingling together. I bet that this chick has loads of make-up on her face to make her seem younger. Her hand that was wrapped around my bicep probably has claws, well not really but they damn well feel like em’!

I silently groaned and prayed this be over. I can take only so much talking and how the hell did she take a picture of me?!

‘Coz you’re blind dude.’

Immediately I froze. My head snapped to each side to hear that voice again. “Avan honey are you ok?” Fran asked. “Yeah of course.” I gave her a smile that she squealed too. We then continued on walking. I actually almost forgot her name since I’ve been calling her old hag the whole time. Of course not out loud coz I need her to take me home and possibly to apologies to Ciara.