chapter 11

“Why are you in the bed with her?” a manly voice said.

“Because she won’t let go of me, Maya said she has an iron grip…she wasn’t lying. I couldn’t get her off of me since lunch time when she latched on.” I could recognize Avan’s voice so I assume that the other one is Devon. I kept my eyes closed and just listened, they still haven’t figured out I’m awake.

“Here let me try.” Suddenly hands were gripping my waist and started to pull. My arms and legs instinctively tighten around Avan, Devon grunted and then pulled harder “Stop, you’re dragging me as well!” Devon let go and I dropped back to Avan’s chest.

I smiled and cuddled closer to him; Avan sighed but began slowly making circles on my waist. Devon snickered “She is so weird, but definitely the right one for you” Avan stiffened and tightened his arms around my waist “We’re just friends”

Devon snorted “Fine, then I’m sure you won’t mind if I go after her, she is really hot wit-” Avan cut him off with a growl “Stay away from her!” okay, Avan is seriously leaving a few bruises on my waist. “Alright, but don’t you see, you care for her. She’s the only person who makes you feel normal and makes you happy.” Devon’s voice softened “Man, I’ve never seen you this happy since…”

He was talking about the time when Avan got his blindness, Avan stayed quiet. “Well I’m going to go out, so it’s just you and her in the house. Don’t do what- ah screw it, ‘bout time you become a man” I blushed at Devon’s comment, thank God he left the room or else he knew I was awake.

I heard the front door open and close and then the roar of an engine. Reality hit me when I realize that Avan and I were alone…FINALLY!!!

Now I get to make him do what I want…not that you dirty people.

I always wanted to see a blind person make a cake, Amber wouldn’t volunteer but I know Avan will. I was just about to wake up when Avan’s hand started to trace my face. I forced myself to relax as he goes over the contours of my features.

Starting from my forehead, he slowly makes it to my eyes, being extra delicate when he touched my eyelids. He went down to my chubby cheeks that I hope one day will disappear, Avan softly caressed them and then painfully slow he made it to my lips.

I felt little sparks when he touched them, he traces over my lips, lingering a lot longer here then my other features. Avan shifted, it felt like he was leaning over, I could feel his minty breath fanning my face. My blush increased at the thought of him kissing me, my mind went all fuzzy and I couldn’t think straight.

But then, Avan pulled back and sighed.

Nooo!!!! WHY DID YOU STOP!!! I shouted in my head, but on the outside I was completely calm and steadied my heart beat and breathing to sound like I’m still sleeping.

“Devon was right…” Avan whispered.

Wait, what was Devon right about? Somebody tell me!! I hate not knowing.

‘Shut up! You whine too much!’  My conscious yelled.

I mentally pouted and thought it was time to wake up. I shifted and made little noises, I slightly opened my eyes to see Avan, his head was down so it looked like he was looking at me. “Finally decide to wake up and let go of me. You sure you’re not a man because you sure have one hell of an iron grip.” Okay, yeah I didn’t expect him to turn into a jerk after he almost kissed me.

I huffed and got of his lap, I looked around to see we were in his room. I checked the clock to see it was still school time, “Uh it’s still school” I told Avan, one eyebrow raised. “You didn’t expect me to go to class with you in my arms, sleeping” Avan snorted “Devon picked us up and brought us here. Maya called your aunt to tell her where you are. Your family is very trusting to leave you with a guy...alone in a house.”