chapter 13

Devon's POV

"Come on man, spare me some money. I'll be your best bud" Kevin nudged my side and I glared at him. Kevin pouted and sulked next to me on the couch. We - actually I was trying to pay attention to the basketball match on the TV but cheap ass here is begging for money to take Anya out for dinner.

The thing is, he already works and gets paid quite a lot. So I don't know why the hell he's bugging me! Does it look I have money to spare?

Kevin opened his mouth but thank the Lord, my cell rang. I hastily picked it up so I wouldn't kill my brother-in-law and then hide the body from Anya. The last thing I want to do is get her angry.

I picked it up to here a bit of shuffling and then "Ow!" I heard a female voice swear and then a loud thump! Who the hell is this?

"Amber, how the hell do you do this?!" Ciara, definitely Ciara.

I took this time to speak "Hello"

"Devon! Yes, Hi. Um, is Avan home?" She asked, he voice was wavering a little.

"Yes he is"

"Excellent. I need you to pick me up from my house" I raised an eyebrow, "Why, you could just walk like you always do" I mentally scoffed, like I would be her cab driver. I've learnt that with Ciara, you better draw a line or else she would use you. Just the way Avan is giving her free piggy back rides, but in his defense he is in lo-"Yeah that can't happen. See I'm a bit at a...disadvantage-Mother Beeper-" I heard her groan in pain. Kevin was looking at me curiously and I just mouthed 'Ciara" and he understood.

"You okay?" this sounds like typical Ciara...you have no idea what she's doing.

"Yeah, perfectly fi-"Sudden crashes and groans travelled through the phone, and then "Stupid dog! Devon you still there" Ciara sounded breathless, "I'm here" I smacked Kevin's hand when it was going after my wallet on the coffee table.

"Right, I need you to pick me up and I will explain everything." I mentally groaned, "Fine, I'm on my way" I got off the couch and made my way to the front door "Also I need you to come pick me up from the door" Ciara said that really quickly so I didn't have time to argue.

This time I let out a loud groan, the things I do for Avan. I shook my head and went to my car; I got to Ciara's house and went to the door. Knocking I waited and waited...and waited. Annoyed I lift my hand to knock again but then the door opened to reveal a hot beauty.

I let out a low whistle, while checking her out. She had brown hair draped over her shoulders, surrounding her heart shaped face. Her body was perfectly curved, just the way I like it in girl; she wasn't too small but just the right height for me.

But what caught my attention were her dark grey eyes, I could just stare at them all day.

I put on a seductive smirk that all the ladies like and huskily said "Where have you been all my life?" I took her delicate hand and plated a lingering kiss on it. The girl didn't seem affected, she pulled her hand back and retorted "Staying away from likes of you" my face fell and she smirked. Before I could say anything Ciara came crashing in...literally.

She fell to the floor next to the beauty and also a dog. That dog has the same handle and leash as Avan's seeing eyed dog, but why would this beauty have it...

My eyes widened in realization, I didn't know Ciara had a blind cousin.

"Help me up Devon" Ciara growled, I snapped out of my staring to help the poor flailing girl on the floor. I then saw a blindfold on Ciara's face, raising an eyebrow I asked "Uh Ciara...why are you wearing a blindfold?"