chapter 10

“Hello lovely couple down the street!” I shouted to the lovely couple down the street, “Hey they’re waving to us Avan, wave to them” I wildly waved while Avan just kept walking. “I said wave horsy!” I hit his head, “And how am I suppose to do that if I’m carrying you?” he angrily shouted back.

I was tired of being carried piggy back so I made Avan carry me bridal style. So many people stared and by God do I love the attention “Hello my minions! Meeting at 9, the same place where we try to figure out how to take over the world!” I was acting like maniac, my hands were waving wildly and I was laughing evilly.

People on the pathway moved aside as they should, their master is in their presence. Then suddenly a very cute dog walked past us “Omg, Avan a cute dog!” I climbed over Avan so I was half way over his shoulder. “Stop moving!” Avan stopped and tried to get control over me, my legs were kicking him and my hands were finding places to pull myself up over his broad shoulder.

It probably looked pretty crazy from another point of view.

My leg then accidentally hit a bit too low and Avan left everything to protect his sensitive area. I jumped down, and saw Avan groan in pain. OMG, what do I do?

Oh right…

“HELP! HELP SOMEBODY!” I screamed and people started to look. “A blind person is injured, quick call 911!” I bent down to Avan’s level and patted his back “It’s ok Avan, help is on its way, just hang in there!” I nervously started to bite my nails.

“Ciara what are you doing!?” Avan hissed, “You’re hurt, I must help you” I told him before continuing my plea for help. Avan groan, I’m not sure in pain or frustration “Avan don’t die on me man!” I exclaimed.

“Man down! SOS! Houston we have a little problem!” I thought of every help call, people started to gather and a few had their phones out ready calling 911.  Then a middle aged man came running forward, “It’s okay, I’m a doctor. Where are you hurt son?” he asked Avan who began to glow red.

“Oh no, he also has a fever too, I remember from this morning” I told the doctor who nodded his head. “I’m going to need you to lie down son, you look a little bit pale.” The good doctor said and tried to help Avan down but that just made him snap.

“Enough! I am fine, I’m not hurt or sick!” he angrily exclaimed.

“Look so-“the doctor tried to speak, I on the other hand, was too occupied trying controlling my laugh.

“No! I’m perfectly fine, Ciara just accidentally kicked me. Now if you excuse us, we have school to get to” Avan grabbed my hand and started to pull me, his hand gripped mine tightly and as soon as we were far away from the shocked crowd, I let it out.

“Hahah!” my tummy was hurting and I couldn’t get air in my lungs but it’s all worth it. “T-that was s-so funny.” I wiped away my tears and looked to Avan’s face, it was still red and that just made me laugh again.

“Cheer up Avan, scowling makes you look old.” I patted his cheek; I took of his sunglasses to see his pretty eyes, but then realised something. “Hey, your left eye twitches when you’re angry. I never knew that.”

This was all so fascinating.

Avan began to growl “You know if I didn’t need you to walk me to school, I would’ve ditched you from the moment you drank that energy drink” he grumbled. “Now now, no need to say mean thing you don’t mean.” I patted his arm “Think happy thoughts, see we arrived to school.” I grinned as we stood outside the school gates.

“…It’s quiet” Avan said “Too quiet.”

“That’s because we’re late” I casually told him and check my imaginary watch on my wrist “About half hour late, so we missed most of Bio”