Chapter 20

“Avan”

“Hmm”

“Ever wondered what life is about?” I asked him while turning my head his way.

“Um, I don’t know, maybe” was his oh so wonderful reply.

“I mean, you can search the world and never figure it out” my lips twitched as I held in a snicker. Avan’s brows furrowed, “Yh…sure.”

“Don’t worry Avan,” I pity patted his shoulder, while biting my tongue to stop laughing “You won’t have to sail on the oceans, no, no, no.” my shoulders were shaking and the face Avan was showing wasn’t helping in keeping my laugh at bay.

Avan’s face suddenly lit up, “Kitty are you quoting Lizzy McGuire’s song, the one from the movie?!” I snorted out a laugh and shook my head “What are you talking about Avan? Happiness is no mystery. It’s here and now, it’s you and me!”

Avan burst into laughter and I joined him. I think our laughing was getting a bit too out of hand, it’s like the time when you see your friend laughing, you end up laughing even harder. Well that’s what’s happening to us.

“Oh will you shut up! It was better when you left!” and our moment is ruined.

“No you shut up!” I screamed back and because I didn’t want to hear Amber’s comeback I continued on yelling my insults. “Amber is a stupid, idiotic imbecile-“

“Don’t make me send Fido up there!”

“-And I love her very much for being awesome…” then it was silent, meaning Amber has accepted my apology. Avan coughed out a laugh and I glared at him. I bet she has a stupid smirk on her face, because she’s a crazy, insane f-

“I can still hear you!”

I blinked twice. But, but…that was my thoughts!

Avan let loose, he laughed at me while I crossed my arms angrily and pouted. “Ok, whose idea was it to come back to my house again?” I was mentally attacking Amber in my head. Hoping her head would just pop off her neck, roll in line with my feet so I could just take a step back and kick that damn thing and watch it sail through the air!

“Come here” Avan finally stopped talking and then swung his arm around my shoulders but because he’s blind, he ended up hitting the back of my head. “Shit, I’m sorry!” he apologized but when I saw his lips twitching, it did not make me happy.

I was about to yell at him when a better idea came to mind. Smirking evilly, I pointed to a random direction to my right. “Look Avan!”

“Seriously Kitty…” Avan sounded annoyed but nonetheless turned his head in my direction. When his head was facing me, I switched the direction of my arm and ‘Accidentally’ hit him in the face with my hand.

“Son of a-“

“Bahahahaha!!” I snickered at Avan who was now holding his nose. Thinking this would be a good time to make a getaway, I quickly got up and ran for the door all the while fist pumping the air “Whoop! Whoop! Whoop!” I almost made it to the end of the hallway when…

“Fido Come!”Avan called.

I didn’t process Avan’s words in time when a big ball of fur came colliding with my legs. My whole body flipped on impact and while in midair, I was cursing Avan. I landed on my back with a thump! Groaning in pain, I stared at the ceiling and waited awhile but in that time I was preparing for the battle ahead.

Getting on my elbows, I turned my head to glare at the two figures who I could see through the doorway. Avan had a cheeky smirk on his face as he patted an extremely happy dog. The reason I know Fido is happy is because the four legged demon was smirking at me as well.