chapter 12

“Don’t worry you’ll be fine” I assured Avan as he fidget. It’s definitely new from his usual confident and arrogant self.

“Do they know I’m coming?” he tried to sound like this was affecting him, but over the month I’ve known him, I’ve learnt little tell tale signs that easily give him away. Like now, Avan cleared his throat every few minutes and lets out a little cough, while rubbing the back of his head.

We walked from Avan’s house to mine, and the closer we got, the more nervous Avan seemed. “Just so you know, I’m not used to being introduced to my…friend’s family. This is new, so bare with me” Avan’s strides became smaller and smaller until it just stopped.

I sighed and got off his back, what…my legs were hurting and Avan is my horse, so what’s the problem.

I got in front of him and cupped his face, bring him down I stared in his eyes. “You will do fine, I won’t let you meet them like I did with your parents” That seemed to lightened the mood, Avan took my hand and we started walking again…for the sixth time.

We got to the front door and I let Avan compose himself “Don’t worry” I said for the tenth time.

I opened the door pulling Avan behind me and shouted “Honey I’m home!” I still didn’t tell Avan about Amber’s situation, maybe I should’ve done it before they met so it wouldn’t be awkwa-

“Hello I’m Amber” eh I’ll let Amber tell him.

“Avan” Avan held his hand out to shake; he was being such a gentlemen… I really should have warned him but I’ll see how things turned out, because this is really entertaining!

I nudged Amber’s side and whispered in her ear “He wants you to shake his hand” little giggles escaped my lips.

I am so mean! I should be ashamed of myself…eh I’ll do it later.

Amber slapped her forehead “You didn’t tell him” it was a statement. “Tell me what?” Avan retracted his hand; his brows were creased as he waited for a reply.

“I’m blind too” then there was silence.

Wait for it….

“Ciara!” Avan half growled, ah I love the way he screams my name XD

“Oh...What’s that Aunt Clara? You want to see me in the kitchen, ok!” I pretended to hear her call me and quickly ran to the kitchen only to see nobody.

But Aunt Clara’s always in the kitchen?

“She went to buy groceries for the dinner; she wanted to make it special since your boyfriend is coming” Amber led Avan in the room, since he didn’t know his way around my house yet.

“Oh I see” there was no point in correcting her, I gave up a long time ago…which was the second Amber asked me the question. “I’m gunna go find something in my room” Amber quickly said and walked away, that she-devil, now I have to face Avan. I knew I should have told him!

“How could you not tell me something so important?” he hissed as soon as Amber’s footsteps faded away. “I probably looked like a fool holding out my hand” I don’t think it would be wise to tell him that Amber couldn’t see his ‘foolishness’

I pouted and walked right into his chest; I circled my arms around him and gave him a big hug. “I’m sowy” I put on my baby voice, no one can resist this cute sound. Avan let out a sigh and wrapped his arms around my waist “Next time, tell me everything” I nodded in his chest, and then stood on my toes to kiss his cheek.

“You should grow shorter, you’re too tall” I said, still in his embrace.

Avan chuckled and leaned in, his hot breath was breathing down my neck. “I don’t think that’s possible kitty.” He kissed my neck, tailing downwards but then he abruptly stopped. To say I was unhappy that he stopped would be an understatement.