Chapter Four

I feel something being put on me, and I quickly sit up, snoring a bit. My head slams directly into someone else's, and I wipe the sleep out of my eyes, cradling my head in my hand.

"Ow," Stiles and I both groaned. He smiled lightly at me. Paper was everywhere. I had never felt so tired in my life. From lycanthropy to wolfsbane and silver, Stiles and I had covered every aspect of being a werewolf, or so we thought.

"Sorry, I didn't think I was gonna wake you up," he said. I yawned, and he offered me a cup of coffee, pulling a piece of paper from the back of my sweater. He began pulling all the papers together as there was a knock on the door. I looked at the clock. 3pm, it read. Shit. I shot up, not believing how late it was. The door opened and Scott stood there, not looking surprised at all.

This wasn't the first time Stiles and I had pulled an all nighter together. Late papers and Star Wars marathons that Scott wanted nothing to do with created a lot of bonding time between the two of us. Especially after Dad left. Stiles quickly stood, offering his chair to me. I shook my head tiredly, and flopped back down on the bed, wrapping the blanket he gave me around my shoulders.

"Get in here. You have to see this. We've been up all night, reading, websites, books, everything," Stiles said quickly. I groaned and sat back up. Now wide awake at the prospect of sharing this information with Scott. He sat down next to me.

"How much did Adderall did you have today?" Scott asked Stiles, but he looked towards me for an answer. I shrugged and pointed at my fresh cup of coffee, signaling that I just woke up.

"A lot, doesn't matter. Just listen," Stiles said.

"Is this about the body? Did you find who it is?"

"No, they're still questioning people. Even Derek Hale."

"Oh, the guy on the woods," Scott said, looking around for an explanation.

"Dear god, that's not it. Stiles, tell him!" I exclaimed. Stiles looked at me for a moment, hesitance gracing his honey colored eyes. I nodded with reassurance.

"Remember the joke of the other day? Well, it's not a joke anymore. The wolf, the bite in the woods! Do you know why a wolf howls?" Stiles explained quickly. Scott shook his head. I put a hand on his shoulder.

"It's a signal. When a wolf is alone and howls, he signals his location to the rest of the pack. So if you heard it, maybe you're not the only one, maybe there's a huge pack of wolves," I explained next. Scott shrugged.

"Okay? A pack of wolves?" He said, not sure why he should care. I sighed and looked him in the eyes as Stiles followed up.

"No, werewolves," Stiles said. Scott stood, looking between the both of us incredulously.

"Are you guys seriously wasting my time with this? You know I'm picking up Allison in an hour!" He exclaimed. Stiles stood too.

"I saw you on the fields today Scott. What you did wasn't just amazing, alright? It was impossible!" Stiles said. I could feel the tension rising, so I slowly put my coffee cup on the ground next to me.

"I just made a good shot," Scott argued. I grabbed his shoulder again, now standing as well.

"No,  Scott. You made an incredible shot. The way you moved, the speed, the reflexes... People can't just do that over a night. And there's the vision and the senses," I trailed off. Stiles stood next to me.

"And you don't use you inhaler anymore..." he said.

"Alright! I can't think about this now, we'll talk tomorrow." Scott said. Stiles put a hand on Scott's chest, stopping him.