Chapter Eight

"I can't believe you dragged me into your punishment for being late!" Stiles said loudly. The Librarian gives him a dirty look, and he slouches in his chair. I give him a grin.

"You didn't really want to leave me alone in here, did you?" I asked, giving him puppy eyes. He sighed and pulled out his laptop. I kick my legs up, resting them on his lap. "That's what I thought," I said smugly. He rolled his eyes, as I pulled out my book.

"What the heck is that?" He asked. I look down at my book and back up to him, shrugging.

"It's something Lydia gave to me. She said something about relating this to my life. I told her it really wasn't my style but-"

"Blind Love? Who are you blindly in love with?" He asked incredulously, his face turning slightly red. I raised an eyebrow and shrugged.

"I didn't think it was about me, but since you're terribly concerned— the kid in my English class is pretty cute," I say, my eyes flicking back to the book. Stiles huffed, and I smile up at him. "Oh relax. You can't tell me that you're not blindly in love with Lydia," I shoot back. He rolls his eyes.

"That was literally when we were kids! Besides, I already have my hands full enough," he murmurs. My eyes flick up to his, and he's staring at me intensely.

"You have your hands full? With what?" I asked, going back to my book. He sighs and looks back at his laptop.

"With you," he muttered. My eyes moved to his, and he takes a quick. "Er- uh, and Scott," he said. I give him a curious look, and then I look back down at my book, mulling over his words. What did that mean? Did he think I was his ward or something?

Stiles and I hop out of his Jeep, walking up to the fence outside of the school where the buses were. I look around, and then feel a hand on my shoulder.

"Jesus!" I shout, and my hand claps over my mouth. I look back to see Scott, and I glare at him.

"Sorry, sorry. Let's get this done," he said. He and Stiles both went to climb the fence, but Scott pulled Stiles back. "Whoa, just me. Someone needs to keep watch," Scott said.

"How come I'm always the guy keeping watch? What about Y/n?" Stiles protested. Scott looks at me for a second, and I raise an eyebrow.

"Who do you think you're watching?" Scott said. My mouth drops, and Stiles puts a hand on his chin.

"Hey!" I whisper yell in protest. Stiles shakes himself out of his thoughts.

"Why's it starting to feel like you're Batman and I'm Robin?" Stiles asked Scott. I let out a sigh and walk back to the Jeep. "I don't want to be Robin all the time!" Stiles said.

"Nobody's Batman and Robin any of the time," Scott states. I sit with my legs dangling out of the passenger side. I pull my book back out and listen to them argue. Soon enough Stiles paces back to the Jeep. I'm reading when I feel another chill down my spine. I look up to the bus, and I see Scott get on it. I feel something warm across my shoulders. I look back to see Stiles smiling slightly.

"Cold again?" he asked. I nodded slightly, pulling the jacket around my shoulders.

"It's weird. Every time he does something wolfy or weird... It's like I just get these chills," I explained. He nods and turns on the car, turning up the heater. I tuck my knees under my chin, and we sit like that for a while. Eventually, we see a light, and I put my legs down, straining my eyes to see if its Scott... It's not.

"Uhh, Stiles? We're gonna need to go!" I say panicking. Scott climbs over the fence and leaps into the back of the Jeep.

"Go! Go! Quick!" We shout at Stiles. He whips out of the school, and soon we're back on the road.