Chapter Ten

"Mom, what movie did you want to watch?" I shouted up the stairs. Her head popped over the railing, and she gave me a smile.

"Something to make me forget how lonely I am," she said dramatically. I rolled my eyes.

"Fine- fine. I'll find something. Did you order the pizza?" I asked. She nodded and disappeared back into her room. I threw on a sweater and headed for the door, running into Scott. I fist bumped him.

"Hey, Mom and I were gonna watch a movie, wanna join?" I grabbed the car keys from the hook. He looked at me for a second.

"Not if it's something romantic and gross. Besides, I'm hanging out with Stiles tonight," he said and took off up the stairs. I shrugged.

"I was just trying to be nice!" I said loudly. I hear a muffled response, but I don't even bother. I walk out the door, and I hear a honk. Stiles waves from the front seat of his Jeep.

"Where ya going?" He asked, giving me a playful grin. I point at the car.

"Movie night with Mom. I offered to let you guys stay, but Scott said our taste was too romantic," I said, putting a dramatic hand over my head. I wave him off, as I hop in my Mom's car. I pull out and head to the rental place in town.

I pull in next to a familiar car, and I see Jackson and Lydia arguing over something. She glances over at me, and smiles excitedly. I wave my fingers at her, and hop out of the car, starting my walk into the store.

"Y/n! Wait up!" I hear Jackson call from behind me. I look back and sigh, letting him catch up as we enter the movie place.

"Listen, I'm sorry about the other day. I really just wanted to talk to you," he said sheepishly. I raised an eyebrow, as he followed me down the aisles. I noticed a random latter in front of a busted light, and look back down at the movie in my hand.

"Why?" I asked shortly. He looked around, shrugging.

"Well, this isn't really a great spot to talk, so we can later. But seriously, I didn't mean to hurt you or anything," he said quietly. I raised an eyebrow at his seemingly nice demeanor. This was a first.

"Uh, is anyone even here?" he asked loudly. I take a second and actually begin to notice how it was dead in here. There was not another soul in sight. A chill ran up my spine, and I took a hesitant step into the aisle. I walk towards the latter, Jackson following quietly behind me. I see a pair of feet laying out from another aisle and I let out a silent gasp.

"Oh my god!" I say a little louder and rush to see who it is. When we turn the aisle, I see a man with his throat slashed. "Holy— holy shit!" I squeak, and something hits the lights, making them flicker out. I push Jackson back. "We gotta- we gotta call Scott!" I stammer. He looked at me incredulously.

"Scott? How about the COPS?!" He shouts. I shush him, pushing him quickly into another aisle, as I see a large shadow looming by the entrance.

"Shut up and get down!" I whisper yelled. We crouched next to an aisle, and I peak my head out. I lock eyes with a red-eyed beast. I quickly slide back into the aisle. Jackson is breathing heavily, and I quickly try to pull out my phone. All of a sudden, I hear crashing, and I peak back out. The monster had just thrown a whole aisle of movies. Jackson crosses to the aisle across from me, waving me over frantically. I start to follow, and he lets out a gasp. After several loud bangs, I turn around just in time to see a shelf of movies coming down on top of me.

"Y/n!" He whisper yells, but quickly scrambles back. I look up at the ceiling, my lungs screaming in pain. It was like that time Scott fell on me on our old trampoline, except 100 times worse. I sucked in a breath, and craned my neck back at Jackson.