Chapter Fifty Three

Derek roared and leapt towards Stiles. He grabbed Derek's neck with one hand, shaking his head in disappointment. With obvious super strength, he threw Derek into a banister. I heard a crack, and he fell to the ground.

"Oh— oh my god," I whispered, trying to turn towards Derek. Allison and Mr. Stilinski looked at us dumbfounded.

"Ah- ah, Y/n. You don't want to move," Void Stiles whispered in my ear. I looked up as I heard the click of a gun being cocked. My eyes met Mr. Argent's.

"Y/n— We told you— I told you that I'd do what I had to," he said quietly, aiming the gun towards Stiles. I saw Mr. Stilinski

"Argent, listen to me! Don't do this," Mr. Stilinski pleaded. I looked between the two, frozen in shock. It was not supposed to go this badly.

"Why not? I've done it before... Werewolves, Berserkers... I can easily add a Nogitsune to the list," Mr. Argent stated, looking straight at us.

"You're not going to shoot my son!" Mr. Stilinski said.

"Please, Mr. Argent. He's still in there!" I begged. The Sheriff yelled at Mr. Argent to put the gun down, and Stiles looked at me for a moment with a mischievous glint in his eyes. It was such a familiar look, that I almost felt like it was him. I pushed that feeling down, and Stiles focused on his father.

"Dad, he's going to shoot me. He's going to kill me, Dad," he said in a fake-panicked voice. The two men argued with each other, and Stiles turned to Mr. Argent. I looked to Allison, and she was looking down at her hands with a confused expression. My eyes turned back to Mr. Argent.

"Mr. Argent, please don't do this," I begged. He looked at me, his eyes softening. I felt the grip on my waist tighten.

"Pull the trigger! Come on!" Stiles shouted. I flinched with shock. Mr. Stilinski looked at me as Mr. Argent tightened his grip on the pistol

"Listen to me- you put the gun down now!" the Sheriff shouted.

"Shoot me!" Stiles shouted. I gritted my teeth, and I pulled Stiles in front of me, and I closed my eyes.

"Why? Why are you doing this?" I muttered to him.

"Put the gun down! Argent, you put it down!" Mr. Stilinski shouted. I heard the trigger move slightly, and I threw myself over Stiles, pulling us to the ground.

"Please!" I screamed. Void Stiles or not, I knew we could get him back to semi-normal. I felt him laughing in my arms, and I sobbed. "Stop— Stop," I pleaded with him.

"Strife... Stop! This is what he wants! This is exactly what he wants!" Allison shouted. Stiles stood, picking me up in his arms. A smirk was plastered to his face, as he stared at the group. Tears flowed from my eyes, and my breathing picked up.

"Not exactly... I was kind of hoping Scott would be here. But, I'm glad you all have your guns out," Void Stiles said maniacally. "Because you aren't here to kill me. You're here to protect me," he said, turning as the Oni appeared through the windows. They formed from shadows, and Stiles backed up with me in his arms. Derek and Allison stood beside us, as Stiles knelt down, setting me on the ground gently. Too gently.

"Y/n— I'm going to need you soon. You'll know when the time is right," he whispered, his hand on my face. My body stiffened, as I tried to get my breathing under control. I was having a panic attack, and my lungs were on fire. "Calm down," he ordered, and his hands began absorbing the negative emotions from me. "You and me, Y/n? We were made for each other," he whispered. Tears flowed from my eyes, as darkness began to cloud my vision. I closed my eyes. When I opened them again, Scott stood next to me along with Mr. Stilinski and the rest of the gang.