Chapter Twenty Six

I sat at the lunch table, Scott and Stiles joining me shortly after I sat. As per usual, Stiles hands me the water he gets every single day. I look around, and Stiles nods at my hand.

"How's it feel?" He asked. I shrugged.

"It burns, but it was that or let the chick crack her head open," I said. Scott looked at me with concern. I let out a sigh.

"Guys, really. I'm alright. I know I don't have the usual pep in my step, but I'm just tired. We've had a lot going on," I said. Stiles nodded thoughtfully.

"But you don't have any food," Stiles said. I took a sip of my water. He gave me the apple off his tray. I sighed and crunched into it. Lydia walked towards us, placing her tray on the table.

"What in the holy hell is that?" She asked. I turn and see a familiar face. It was Erica, or at least I thought it was, but it looked like she had just gotten back from the most extreme makeover ever.

"It-it's Erica," Scott said. She picked up an apple from some random kid, bit into it, and then put it back down. She looked around the room, receiving many stares, and then she just walked out. I snorted, looking back at the group. They looked at me with shock.

"What? No one else found it hilarious that she seemingly walked in here for no reason? No? Alright, cool," I muttered. Allison sat next to Lydia, across from me.

"Also, Y/n, I was wondering if you and Stiles wanted to join Lydia, Scott and I tonight at the ice rink," Allison asked. I looked at the group for a moment. My brain was on autopilot, but the autopilot was seemingly steering me away from any and all social interaction. I wasn't sure why. I shook my head lightly.

"It's alright. I have something to take care of today after school, and Deaton wants me to take care of the cats since they hate Scott," I said. They all looked at me for a moment, and I smiled before picking up my water, leaving the apple, and leaving. Of course, the next thought in my head was; 'Nice, leave Lydia to Stiles. You're a genius.' It was nice to live in an existence that was undeniably self-sabotage. I wasn't sure why at that point though. I took this opportunity to leave, as I saw Erica leaning over into Derek's ride. I raised my eyebrows, and they both looked back to me.

"So, you've joined the wolf-squad now?" I asked. Erica looked a little guilty but Derek waved her off.

"Y/n, why don't you join us on a little ride?" He asked. I shook my head.

"You're either walking, or I am. Sorry, buddy," I said. I started walking down the road when I felt someone push me into the car.

I sat in the back seat with my arms crossed. I glared at the two.

"Are you serious?" I asked. Derek looked back at me.

"So, do you want it?" He asked in return. Erica looked back at me, hope in her eyes. I gave him a disgusted look.

"What?" I asked.

"The bite. Do. You. Want. It?"

*Stiles POV*

Stiles and Lydia sat on the sidelines of the ice rink. Lydia looked over at Scott and Allison with a smile, and Stiles did as well. Finally she sighed and stared at Stiles.

"What are you doing here?" She asked impatiently. Stiles looked out into the rink and shrugged. She sighed again. "Boys can be so dense. All you have to do is talk to her. Just be honest, and she'll reciprocate," Lydia said. Stiles eyes widened, and just as she said that, he got a text.

'8 5 12 16' was all it read. Stiles stood up, looking over at Scott hesitantly. Lydia smiled at him for the first time.

"Well? Go on!" She ushered. Stiles left, whispering something to Scott who looked at him with concern.