Chapter Thirty Three

I woke up alone. My eyes blinded by sunshine. I sat up slowly, groaning as the aching of my body became more persistent. I stood and looked around. I was in my bedroom. Everything looked normal, but nothing felt normal. The night before came flashing back to my head, and I looked around for my phone. I called Stiles, but it immediately went to voicemail. My eyes widened, and I just set my phone back down. I slowly stretched a bit, noting my arm had been bandaged. I went and knocked on Mom's door. I heard sniffling.

"Mom?" I whispered. It stopped for a second, but the door didn't open. I sighed and approached Scott's door. I saw him netting his lacrosse stick, and I let out a chuckle. He glanced up at me, and quickly stood.

"You're awake!" He said, giving me a big hug. I let out a muffled groan, and he quickly let go. "How are you feeling?" He asked.

"Like I was ran over several times by a truck with serrated tires. How are you holding up?" I asked, sitting on his bed. He tossed me a bottle of pain killers and a bottle of water.

"I'm... I'm alright. It looks like Mom didn't answer you either?" He said. I shook my head, opening the bottle.

"She'll come around, dude. At this point, we just haven't even talked to her about it. She'll come to us when she's ready," I comforted, even though I wasn't sure how it was going to work at all. Scott nodded and I looked at him for a second. I rubbed the back of my neck.

"So uh.. Have you-"

"No... He helped bring you here, and once Mom fixed you up, he left. I tried calling him, but," Scott trailed off. I felt a pang of pain in my heart. I nodded, biting my cheek.

"Good to know, good to know," I said quietly. I stood, and he put a hand on my shoulder.

"Y/n... I'm sorry. I'm sorry for dragging you both into this, and now with Stiles and Mom, and—"

"Scott. You're my brother, and I love you so much it literally hurts sometimes. Literally. We're in this together, remember? We're just going through a rough patch right now. We— We'll figure it out," I said. He nodded gratefully, and I went to get ready for school. I had a faded bruise on my cheek, and my eyes were fairly sunken in. I put on concealer and foundation, but it only helped a little bit. I took a shower, re-did my makeup, and got ready for school.

"Y-Y/n?" I heard my mother call from what sounded like Scott's room. I got dressed, wincing as I threw a shirt on. I walked into his room.

"Mom! I'm so glad you-," I stopped when I saw Scott staring at me, and Mom being held by the throat by the Kanima. Jackson. Gerard sat in corner of the room.

"Y/n, I'm so glad you could join us," he said. I reached back and he held his hand up.

"Ah, ah— None of that knife business. My son tells me you've become quite the shot," he said. I glared at him.

"What do you want?" I hissed. Scott looked at our Mom.

"Let her go!" He said.

"I want to talk. You haven't been answering your phone. I want the same thing that I have always wanted— I want Derek and his pack," Gerard said, standing up.

"You have them all in hiding. How am I supposed to know where they are?" Scott asked. I stood in front of my Mom, as she held herself up using the Kanima's tail.

"I think, with the proper motivation, you could draw them out. And, if you haven't noticed, I now have a fairly impressive means by which I can motivate people. Why do you think I'm able to control him? Oh, you know the myth, Scott. The Kanima is a weapon of vengeance," Gerard said strongly. I turned back to him.