Chapter Thirty Eight

"I looked everywhere. It's like he just walked away— left his car, his dog," Scott said anxiously. I patted his back.

"Alright, relax. He hasn't been gone that long. We may be able to find him," I tried comforting him. We approached the locker room.

"Okay, was he, like... could he have been a virgin, maybe? Did he look like a virgin? Was he, you know, virginal?" Stiles asked. I shook my head at him.

"No, definitely not— Deaton makes us have sex with all of his clients. It's a new policy," Scott said, nudging me with his elbow. Stiles looked at me with wides eyes and I rolled my eyes.

"No, he doesn't know if he was a virgin," I said. Stiles looked at us for a second, and Stiles sighed.

"Yea, and why are you talking like he's already dead? He's just missing," Scott said.

"Missing and presumed dead because he's probably a virgin, Scott! And you know who else is a virgin?" Stiles said, waving his hands around. Scott looked at him with expectant eyes, and I locked eyes with Stiles, quirking an eyebrow. He pursed his lips, putting a hand to his chin and tapping his foot. "T-tons of people," Stiles muttered. Scott's eyes widened, as he looked between the two of us.

"Nice," Danny said, closing his locker. I jumped, a bit startled.

"Ms. McCall! Chop, chop on those permission slips! And, Mr. Lahey, happy to have you back! Not happy that you're late," Coach shouted. I nodded, startling out of my frozen state.

"Sorry, Coach," Isaac muttered. I collected the mandatory permission slips and signed physical forms. I got back to Stiles, and he itched the back of his neck.

"Here's the thing, Y/n. My dad, he was too busy, and—"

"Give me the form," I said quietly, quickly signing off on it. He gave me a smile, and I handed them into Coach.

"I'll remind you all, cross-country is not optional for lacrosse players! I don't need you turning into a bunch of fat-asses in the off season— So, work on that!" Coach said, clearing his throat after he saw how ripped his team was. I raised an eyebrow at him.

"You too, Coach," I said. He shot me a glance.

"You thought you're getting out of this, Y/n? No way. Your ass will be running the trails with the rest of them!"

"But-"

"No buts! Well, nevermind— Get out there!" He shouted. I groaned, going to the ladies' room to change. I jogged out just in time to catch up with Isaac.

"Hey!" I said cheerfully. He looked back at me with a small smile.

"Hey. I can't believe you have to do this too," he said. I nodded as we walked out to the field. I saw Scott and Stiles up ahead, and I was about to join them when Isaac stopped suddenly to re-tie his shoes. I waited with him. I was staring ahead when I became aware of two giants standing on either side of me. I looked over, and Isaac looked back at them. It was the two twins Lydia had spotted on our first day back. One of them winked at me, putting a hand on my shoulder.

"Hello, Y/n. I'm Aiden, this is my brother Ethan. We've heard a lot about you," he said, his grip tightening slightly. My eyes widened, and another hand grabbed his.

"It's so great to meet you," Stiles said, Scott standing behind him. Aiden shook him off, and Ethan seemed to give me a pitiful smile. I narrowed my eyes at them.

"Yea," I mumbled, and the whistle blew. Isaac shot up.  Scott took his shoulder, holding him back.

"It's them!" Isaac growled, taking off after them. Scott ran to catch up, and Stiles and I began our run towards them. I booked it as fast as I can, making sure Stiles was keeping pace. I saw Scott run around a corner, and a minute later we caught up. My lungs burned, but I kept pushing my legs to catch up, and I heard a quieter roar.