Chapter Seventy Eight

"I need help over here!" Theo shouted as he kicked the hospital door open with one foot. He held Y/n's unconscious body in his arms. A mass of personnel saw Y/n, looked at each other, and they kicked into action. Nurses that Y/n had known growing up rushed to get her on a stretcher. There was a flashing alarm going off simultaneously. Theo grabbed one doctor by the arm, shooting him a questioning look. The doctor looked frantic, and he recognized him as Liam's dad.

"There was some sort of fire near the morgue. We're running quite low on staff- And we need to get her oxygen," he said quickly. Theo nodded, watching on as Y/n was rolled into a nearby room. His face was drawn into a firm line, as he crossed his arms. They got her set quickly, giving her an IV, getting her oxygen, cleaning the blood off of her hands. Theo assumed the police were busy, which was why there was a clear absence of questioning. He stood over her for a moment, shaking his head.

"Y/n," Theo repeated under his breath. Her hand twitched and he let out a breathy chuckle. "It's alright. You're just going to have to stay there for a while, okay? At least until I'm finished with my plan, and then you'll join me. You'll have to," he muttered. Y/n's fingernails had blood stained on them, and while the blood on Theo's arms was clearly from a wound he must've had, no one else knew that. No one else would ever know that. Theo's claws flashed out momentarily, as he traced her face with one of his fingers.

The claw on his pointer finger was partially broken; the tip of it missing because of a certain someone who almost took his arm off, no claws needed. He grimaced, as he tilted her chin to the side, revealing the back of her neck. Four little cuts lined the base of her neck. The idea came to him after he saw Scott. He hadn't had the same amount of luck, but he'd gotten in there. He'd seen just enough to have an edge against her. By shocking her back into the deepest corners of her mind, he'd ensured Y/n's complacency in what was to follow. The only problem was, she may not wake up. That, and there was the reaction from the previous day's excursions. Theo's eyebrows furrowed together, and just as he was about to speak again, the door swung open.

"Oh my god- Oh my god," he heard Stiles gasping from behind him. Theo withheld a growl of annoyance, as he put on a sad smile, letting Y/n's head fall back, hiding the marks on her neck. He turned to Stiles, who already looked like hell. Stiles swept past Theo in a flurry, almost shoving him out of the way. Theo rolled his eyes, as Stiles looked over Y/n. His hands fluttered over her blanketed body, uncertainty and fear written all over his face. Theo frowned, saving his idea for later.

"Stiles- They're doing what they can, but... She was in and out of consciousness when I found them-"

"When you found them?" Stiles demanded, snapping his gaze back to Theo. Theo frowned, but nodded, holding his sickly sweet worried expression.

"Yes. Lydia and I figured it out after getting more information from Corey... Hayden and Liam are back with the others. I- I had to bring her here. Liam said she'd stopped breathing a couple of times after the Doctors injected her with something," Theo explained, waving his hands around. Stiles' eyebrows furrowed together, and he turned back to Y/n.

"Where's Scott?" Stiles asked quietly. Theo shook his head.

"I think- I think he went to Kira's-"

"He went to Kira's?" Stiles hissed, sitting in the chair next to Y/n's bed. Theo nodded, as he ran his fingers through his hair.

"I told him that it— that it's bad, Stiles. I did. He just said he needed to talk to Kira first," Theo lied through his teeth. Stiles' gaze grew cloudier, as Theo withheld a small grin. Theo looked at the ground. "I'll leave you with her. I'm sure the others have questions..." he muttered. Stiles nodded absently, not even bothering to look back at the retreating figure.