Chapter Twelve

"Hii, Mrs. Martin! How are you?" I asked when she opened the door. Stiles stood behind me nervously. She smiled back at me softly.

"Hi, Y/n. Please come in. Who's this?" She asked. I pulled Stiles in behind me.

"This is Stiles Stilinski. His father is the Sheriff. We're just here to check in on Lydia," I said warmly. She nodded and lead us to Lydia's room.

"Honey, Y/n and Stiles are here to see you," Mrs. Martin said through the door after knocking. I opened the door and walked in.

"What the hell is a 'Stiles'?" Lydia muttered. I sighed and walked to her bedside.

"She took a little something to ease her nerves—"

"It's alright. Thank you, Mrs. Martin," I said gently. Stiles closed the door and I sat on the edge of Lydia's bed.

"What are you doing here?" Lydia groaned. She was looking at Stiles. I smirked a bit.

"We were just making sure you were okay?" he said back, glancing at me.

"Why?" Lydia said tiredly. I rolled my eyes and patted her blankets around her.

"Because we're your friends, you idiot. How are you feeling?" I asked. She looks up at me for a moment, reaching a hand out. I leaned forward and she tugged on one of my strands of hair. I wince, and roll my eyes again at her childish gesture.

"I feel... fantastic," she said, flopping her arms back. I look back at Stiles. He looked flustered. I left him for a moment to get her a glass of water. I walked back in to see Stiles standing over her, concerned. I handed her a glass of water, getting her to drink. He looked really worried for her, and while I was happy that she was okay, I also felt really awkward. Lydia's eyes fell to me.

"Y/n..." She whispered. I leaned closer, taking her hand.

"What's up, Lyds? Tell me what you're thinking," I asked quietly. She looked at the ceiling.

"I saw... I saw..." she started to say, and then she broke into a sob. I ran my hand over her head.

"It's okay, Lydia. It's okay. You saw a mountain lion, and it was really scary for all of us. But, we're okay... we're okay," I said gently, tears brimming my eyes. Stiles stood behind me, watching the both of us.

"Well, I'm just gonna wait outside. I'll let you guys get through the whole post-traumatic-stress thing," he muttered, walking out. I turned back to Lydia, and she just stared at me, tears pouring down her face.

"Wher-Where's Jackson?" She whispered. My face dropped into a frown. I pulled out my phone, and realized it was dead again.

"I'll call him when I leave. For now, let's get you back to sleep," I said, gently tucking her back in. She closed her eyes, and after a couple of minutes, her hand dropped from my own. I waited for a little bit, but left, shutting the door gently. I quickly left, holding back tears. This was not what I imagined would happen when the whole werewolf thing came about. I met Stiles outside, and he looked over me.

"Oh, Y/n, this isn't your fault," he said gently. He pulled me into a hug, and I closed my eyes as I let the tears fall down my cheeks. He held me tightly, and I sighed, letting it all out. After a couple minutes, we pull away, and he wipes a tear from my cheek. His face was a mix of emotions, but mostly uncertainty. I let out a breath.

"Alright, let's try to get ahold of Scott. We have to fix this," I say firmly. We get in the Jeep and take off back to his house. When we get to his house, he pulls something out from his pocket. I follow Stiles into his room.