Chapter Thirteen

"I can't believe this," Stiles muttered, pacing back and forth. He twisted his hands together nervously.

"Stiles... I'm so sor-"

"You're sorry? Y/n, my Dad is in the literal hospital!" He shouted. I closed my mouth, nodding silently. "I can't do this. I can't believe this happened," he said. I stood and put my hand on his arm.

"Stiles, he's going to be alright," I whispered. He pushed my hand away.

"No Y/n, I can't do this. This wolfy mess, monster-attack crap! I can't do it! I don't want to do it! I don't want my Dad anywhere near this crap!" He yelled. A few people glanced in our direction, looking at us in curiosity. I ran my hand through my hair.

"I did everything I cou-"

"Yea, well. Here we are," he interrupted. I bit my lip. Are you kidding me? I did not just pull your Dad away from the near-death-by-mountain-lion to be yelled at like this!

"Listen to me. You don't have to do this anymore then, Stiles. But I have to, because he's my brother. He needs his family, and he needs support," I say. Stiles' eyebrows narrowed, and I shook my head incredulously. "Fine. There it is. It's over. You're out. It's done. You can forget about all of this!" I snap, my voice raising in frustration. I turn and stomp out of the hospital.

The nurse walks out as Y/n leaves. She waves Stiles back in the door. He hugs his Dad, before his Dad craned his neck around.

"Where's Y/n?" He asked. Stiles looked at his hands and didn't respond. "She was mighty brave tonight. She ran right over and tugged me right out of the way from the mountain lion. Made sure everyone was safe. She stared the damn thing right down. That girl has guts... I hope she's alright," the Sheriff said. Stiles looked at him with wide eyes.

"She did what?"

When I got home, Mom was yelling at Scott. I walked into the kitchen where they were having it out.

"Guys, come on. We all almost just died from a vicious little lion. Let's get some rest. I'll help Scott get his grades back up," I huffed. My mom looked at me for a minute. My heart had dropped to my feet at the hospital. I didn't expect Stiles to react like that even though, looking at my mom, I would've been the same way. I had essentially just yelled at him while he was having a horrible night. My mom's face softened, and I looked at the two of them.

"The only way we get through this is together," I said gently. Mom hugged me, and I pulled Scott in. He said a muffle thank you into my hair. Scott and I make sure Mom's asleep before we go out on the roof. I hugged my knees to my chest. I got another cold chill.

"Do you want my-"

"I'm fine," I say quietly. He sighs and looks out at the moon. I look over to him and give him a slight smile. "How was your day with Allison? I know it ended pretty badly, but it was worth it right?" I asked. He gave me a relieved smile.

"Y/n... It was so worth it. I've never felt this away about anyone before," he said. I smile back at him and look back at the trees.

"That's good," I say quietly. My head was elsewhere, and so wasn't my heart.

"How was Stiles? You think he's mad?" Scott asked. I let out a strangled laugh.

"Oh yea, he's mad alright," I said. Scott looked at me.

"Not at you though, right?" He asked. I didn't respond, I just stared straight ahead. Scott let out a huff. "I'll talk go talk to-"

"That's not necessary. I already said everything I needed to say. I'll be fine. Go get some sleep— I have a feeling tomorrow is going to be another busy day," I said with fake enthusiasm. I sat out there for hours, staring at the sky. I wasn't sure if I was still shocked from the days events, or from Stiles. I didn't know if I wanted to cry, but at this point, I just didn't feel anything. I'm not ashamed of what I said, I just wish I didn't have to say it. I closed my eyes for seemingly minutes, but when I opened them again, the sun had risen.