Chapter Forty One

"Y/n— Y/n, wake up. Your phone is ringing," Stiles groaned from next to me. I looked at the time, it was around 10pm. I groaned in response, flipping my phone open, as I rolled back over onto Stiles. I was having a much needed nap after the horrible time we had while living it up in the Motel California.

"What?" I snapped.

"Hey... I know I said I wasn't going to bother you, but I was dropping the dinner you made off to Mom, and Danny showed up with Ethan. And Y/n... It's not looking good," I heard my brother say on the other end. I sat up, putting a hand on Stiles' chest, shaking him awake. He sat up with me immediately.

"We'll be there in five," I muttered, hanging up. I looked over to Stiles with a grim expression.

"Who is it this time?" He asked, wiping a piece of hair from my mouth.

"Danny," I responded, pulling on a pair of jeans. Stiles threw on a shirt, and we put on our shoes, jogging out the door. The drive there was quiet, as we listened to Blink-182 on the radio. Stiles' fingers danced over my hand to the song, and I leaned my head against the seat, trying to wake up.

"We hopefully will be able to resume our slumber soon," Stiles said, trying to comfort me. I gave him a small smile.

"We still have tattoos to get, remember?" I said, hopping out of the Jeep as we parked. He took my hand, as we walked over to the front entrance of the hospital, right into Scott and Ethan.

"I know you're not gonna believe me, but I didn't do anything," Ethan said frantically. Scott wasn't buying it.

"All I know is that the minute that you got here, you went right for Danny, and your brother went for Lydia," Scott said.

"We're not gonna hurt him," Ethan explained. I put my hands up in front of the boys.

"Alright, guys. Not the time. Besides, we all know that Danny was the most eligible gay man in Beacon Hills, so of course Ethan made his way to him," I said, defusing their argument. I paused before continuing, looking at a car that came whipping in the parking lot. It was swaying side to side.

"What is it?" Ethan asked. I nodded behind him, and he turned. Stiles raised an eyebrow, and flinched hard, as the car slammed into the back of another car. Ethan and Scott took off in its direction, but not before I noticed that there wasn't a driver in the car.

"Hang on, hang on— They were both in the car?" Sheriff Stilinski asked. Stiles shook his head impatiently, tapping his foot on the ground.

"No, Dad, they're trying to tell you that it was two separate kidnappings, okay? Two doctors, both gone," Stiles explained.

"So, whose car is this?" Mr. Stilinski asked, notepad in hand.

"Dr. Hilyard, the on-call doctor. The ER attending is the one that never made it back in," Mom said.

"Alright, let me focus on getting your story first, all right?" The Sheriff said, looking at my Mom. She patted my arm, and Mr. Stilinski nodded at us.

"You three, give us a second?" He asked. We nodded, walking a dozen feet away.

"These are definitely sacrifices, right?" Scott asked. I nodded solemnly.

"Yeah, it's one of the categories that the Doc mentioned; healers," I said. Scott rubbed the back of his neck.

"What about Danny? He threw up mistletoe. That's not a coincidence, and if he hadn't been with Ethan, he probably would've died. Danny's not a healer. I—," Scott was interrupted as Stiles held his hand up, silencing him.