Chapter Fiften

I was home reading, when I see Stiles' Jeep pull in the driveway.

"Come on, Y/n!" He shouted outside of my window. I opened it, grabbing my bag, and climbed out. I went to climb down the fence.

"Whoa, whoa whoa, be carefu-" He was interrupted as I pinched my hand on the fence. I cursed, and began to climb the few feet down. I tripped two feet in the air, and Stiles yelped. I felt his arms go out, and we tumbled to the ground. I sat on top of him. He laid flat on the grass, looking at the sky. I smile lightly, tapping his chest.

"My knight in shining armor," I said jokingly, getting up. I pull him up, and he lets out a grunt, wiping the grass of his legs.

"Yea thanks— listen, Scott called. Derek thinks that Dr. Deaton is the alpha," Stiles said. I stopped dead in my tracks, shaking my head at Stiles.

"Are you kidding me?" I hissed. He shook his head, and we jumped in the Jeep. Stiles explained that Scott had a plan to try and draw out the Alpha to prove Deaton's innocence. I looked ahead, gripping my seatbelt tightly.

"This is a horrible idea," Stiles and I said simultaneously. Scott looked between the two of us and sighed.

"Yea, I know," he said. I began walking to the school. I went to the back door, as Scott and Stiles followed behind.

"But we're still gonna do it? Even though you know we could probably get maimed? Or killed?" Stiles asked. I knelt in front of the lock, pulling out a tiny tool kit from my bag. I pulled out a thin screwdriver.

"Can you think of something better?" Scott asked. They crouched behind me, and I looked back curiously.

"Well, personally, I'm a fan of ignoring a problem until eventually it just goes away," Stiles muttered.

"Uh, guys? Why are you crouching?" I asked, standing with the door wide open. They shake their heads in surprise.

"What the heck?!" They exclaim. Stiles looked into the school.

"Holy crap! Did you just pick that lock?!" He asked. I put the handle to the door in his hand, smiling. I quickly snapped a photo, shoving my phone in my bag.

"Y/n! Y/n! Delete that right now! My dad would kill me!" He shouted, reaching for my bag. I grinned.

"Blackmail," I said mischievously. We bicker until Scott puts an arm out.

"He's here," Scott said. Derek jumped down from the top of a bus. "Where's my boss?" He demanded.

"He's in the back," Derek said, pointing over to his car. Deaton was knocked out in the back seat. I glared at Derek.

"Oh, well, he looks comfortable," Stiles murmured.

"Derek, you can't do this!" I protested. He lifted his pointer finger at me.

"You don't get to tell me what to do! You're lucky I'm not-"

"You're not what, Derek?" Stiles said smugly, nodding over at Scott. Scott crossed his arms. Derek sighed, rolling his eyes.

"What are we doing?" He asked. We all turned and approached the school.

"You said I was linked with the Alpha— I'm gonna see if you're right," Scott said. I unlocked the office door, and we walked in.

"Okay, one question. What are you gonna do if the Alpha doesn't show up?" Stiles asked.

"I don't know," Scott said.