Chapter Seventy: Season Five

I leaned on the Jeep next to Stiles. He was spreading out a map of San Francisco over the hood of the Jeep. Scott and I watched with amusement as he marked several places on the map. I looked back to the sky. We were at Lookout Point, a place none of us had ventured to in quite a while. I could tell Scott was apprehensive, and I knew it was because he was thinking about Allison. Six months had past, and we had all been doing fairly well.

Kira had left to New York for a trip, Malia was waiting on word about her status as a senior, and Lydia was doing what Lydia does. Stiles and I had been doing well, Scott had been studying his ass off in order to get into an AP Bio class. He was bent on becoming a veterinarian. Meanwhile, I had been taking time to hone my skills. Deaton and I were working together consistently to test the extents of my abilities. I had learned several ways to manipulate emotion without having to touch anyone. I was able to close myself off to any supernatural bs if I didn't have the energy for it. This meant no more jumping awake at night and scaring the shit out of Stiles, which improved the overall feeling immensely.

"Y/n— Earth to Y/n?" Stiles said, sweeping a hand over my face. My eyes moved to his.

"I'm here," I murmured. He smiled for a moment before looking down at the map.

"Alright, so I found some cool two bedrooms in the Mission District, but they're pretty expensive. A couple in Haight and Ashbury, also expensive," Stiles said. I glanced over at Scott, his face morphed into a small grin.

"What about Berkeley? Don't a lot of students live around there?" He asked. Stiles nodded, circling another spot on the map.

"Yeah, yeah, we could try Knob Hill. But, the Jeep would probably burn through a lot of clutches," Stiles replied nervously. Scott looked at him incredulously.

"You're bringing the Jeep?" He asked. Stiles gave him a stupid look.

"You know the plan, okay? No one gets left behind. That's the plan. Lydia's not gonna have a problem getting into Stanford. Kira's thinking USF. Malia's, uh, gonna, you know, she'll figure something out, okay. The plan's perfect!" Stiles said enthusiastically. I put a hand over his.

"We could also wait until we all get into college to figure out where to live?" I offered. Scott nodded in agreement, and Stiles pursed his lips.

"I have a vision, Y/n. Okay? And it is a beautiful vision. Don't ruin the vision. Especially when you're the main part of the vision," he said, kissing my cheek. My face flushed, and Scott rolled his eyes. "Okay, we can check out the East Bay. Haven't looked at Oakland yet, you know..." Stiles trailed off. I glanced at Scott, and noticing he was zoning out.

"Scotty, you alright?" I asked. He nodded, looking back to us.

"Just thinking."

"About what?" I pressed. He looked back at the moon.

"Senior year."

"Senior year, come on, that's, that's... That's nothing. That's going to be easy," Stiles spluttered. I glanced back at him with a small smile. He had no idea what the could happen in one year. I mean, we'd gotten through a solid couple of years, but not unscathed.

"It's more like something Deaton told me once. You ever hear of "regression to the mean?"" Scott asked. I nodded, remembering when Deaton explained this idea to me. Stiles shook his head. Scott sighed. "It was his way of saying that life can't ever be all bad or all good. You know, eventually, things have to come back to the middle. So, think about the last few months. Things have been good, right? But not amazing—," Scott said. Stiles crossed his arms.