Chapter Five

Scott is ducked down in the back seat as Stiles pulls up to the gas station where I was waiting with the hunter. He stared at Stiles for a long moment, before helping me stand up. I stumbled with wide eyes to Stiles, who promptly catches me. I whisper 'Go with it' in his ear. He holds on to me tightly, not failing to notice the gun holstered to the mans hip.

"Thank you so much. Her brother was so worried about her. She went to this party, and I guess got into some things she wasn't supposed to be in," Stiles said, pinching my arm. I hissed out a breath, and the man sighed.

"Listen, you and your girlfriend need to be careful. These woods aren't safe. I have a daughter her age," the man trailed off. He shook his head out of his thoughts, and Stiles dragged me back to his car.

"She's not my girlfriend!" He shouted back. I rolled my eyes, as I stepped into the Jeep. Stiles stood at the passenger door, fussing over me.

"Stiles?" I asked, raising my eyebrows and shaking my head a bit at him. He stopped and looked up at me. "I'm fine. I was just acting."

"Oh." He's silent as he climbs into the driver's side. I looked back at Scott and sigh. I look away from him.

"Y/n, I really am sorry. I don't know what came over me," he said with disappointment. I reached back and patted his head.

"It's alright little wolfy boy, you couldn't help it," I cooed. He slapped my hand away playfully. We sat there for a while, and finally Stiles pulled up to our house.

"You know what actually worries me the most?" Scott said, getting out.

"If you say Allison, I'm gonna punch you in the head," Stiles responded. I smiled and shrugged.

"Priorities," I chuckled. Stiles gives me a playful glare.

"She probably hates me now," Scott groaned. We walked up to the door, and I opened it.

"I doubt it. But you should come up with a pretty amazing apology. Maybe a bouquet of flowers?" I offered. Scott stepped through, and Stiles held it open for me. We walked into the kitchen, and I pulled out some food.

"Or you know you could just, I don't know, tell her the truth that you're a freaking werewolf," Stiles said. Scott and I both glared at him. "Okay bad idea... But hey, we'll get through this!" He said, patting Scott's back.

Stiles and I watched as Allison approached Scott. I crossed my arms, leaning against the Jeep. Stiles leaned his head over to me, and I turned to look at him.

"Don't you wish you had super hearing or something?" He whispered. He looked at me then, and I raised an eyebrow. Our faces were inches apart. He licked his lips nervously and quickly backed away. I bite my cheek and look back to Scott and Allison. I nudge Stiles.

"I don't know. I think he's doing pretty well," I said smiling. They're about to kiss when Stiles shakes my arm.

"Y/n... Y/n look!" He said, pointing over to a familiar black SUV. My eyes widen when I see the man from the night before standing outside with his arms crossed. He shouts Allison's name, and Scott looks back at us with panicked eyes. I shake my head quickly, and he quickly smiles nervously and waves at Mr. Argent.

"Oh shit," I whisper, and Mr. Argent's head turns in my direction. I smile lightly and wave my fingers. Allison thinks I'm waving at her and waves back, grinning. Stiles hits my arm gently, and I watch as my brother joins us. Stiles looks between us all.

"Well, that's just not good."

I met up with the girls on the bleachers after school. Scott was giving the first line dream a second shot. Wolfyness or not, I couldn't convince him otherwise. And honestly, why should I? Doesn't he deserve a normal life?