Chapter Thirty Seven

"Okay, look at this," Stiles said, spreading a map of the Bank on Derek's table.

"This is how they got in," I said, pointing at one point on the map. "It's a rooftop air conditioning vent, leads down inside into the wall of the vault, which is here," I finished, pointing at another point.

"One of the robbers was lowered into this shaft. Now, that space is so small, it took him about twelve hours to drill into that wall, which is stone, by the way. Then, throughout the rest of the night, they siphoned the cash up to the guys back on the roof through that one little shaft in the wall," Stiles explained. We nodded at each other triumphantly, proud of the info we dug up.

"Uh— Can we fit in there?" Scott asked.

"Yes, we can, but very, very barely. And, they also patched the wall, obviously, so we're gonna need a drill of some kind. I'm thinking maybe a diamond bit—"

"Forget the drill," Derek interrupted Stiles. Stiles turned to him with an incredulous expression.

"Sorry?"

Derek looked over at me. "If I go in first, how much space do I have?" He asked me. Stiles narrowed his eyebrows at Derek.

"What do you— What do you think you're gonna do, Derek? You gonna punch through the wall?" Stiles said sarcastically. Derek turned his head to Stiles slowly.

"Yes, Stiles. I'm gonna punch through the wall," Derek said patronizingly. Stiles scoffed, walking towards him.

"Guys—" I began, but Stiles talked over me.

"Okay. Okay, big guy, let's see it! Let's see that fist. Big old fist. Make it, come on! Get it out there! Don't be scared, big bad wolf!" Stiles mocked. I looked over at to Scott and Peter who were rolling their eyes. "Yeah, look at that! Okay, see this? That's maybe three inches of room to gather enough force to punch through solid co—" Stiles was interrupted when Derek punched his hand. Stiles let out a squawk and fell backward into me. "He could do it," he squeaked. He held his hand out to me and I rolled my eyes.

"You're such a baby," I muttered, taking his hand in my own. Derek looked at the two of us for a second before looking to Scott and Peter.

"I'll get through the wall. Who's following me?"

"Don't look at me! I'm not up to fighting speed, yet. And honestly, with Isaac out of commission, you're not looking at very good odds for yourself," Peter said. Derek raised an eyebrow.

"So, I'm supposed to just let them die?" Derek demanded. Peter shrugged.

"One of them already is dead."

"We don't know that!" Derek said quickly. My heart felt a pang of pity for him. Peter was not so kind.

"Do I have to remind you what we're up against here? A pack of Alphas, all of them killers. And, if that's not enough to scare your testicles back into your stomach, try to remember that two of them combine bodies to form one giant Alpha. I'm sure Erica and Boyd were sweet kids. They're gonna be—"

"Alright, that's enough. Seriously not helping," I said, giving him a pointed look. Stiles glared at him.

"Could someone kill him again, please?" He said. Peter sighed.

"Derek, seriously? Not worth the risk." Peter stood, shaking his head. Derek looked over towards the three of us.

"What about you?" Derek asked.

"Yeah, if you want me to come—," Stiles began. I put a hand on his chest, as Derek's gaze snapped to Stiles.

"Not you," he said.