Chapter Fourteen

I checked in with Lydia after my next class before meeting back up with Stiles and Scott to walk to our economics class.

"All right. You stay away from her for a few days. You can do that," Stiles said.

"But is it a few days, or is it forever?" Scott asked.

"You know, this whole "women make you weak"-thing is a little too Spartan warrior for me. It's probably just part of the learning process," Stiles responded. I walk up to them.

"Especially when, usually, men are the problem. Having girl troubles already, brother?" I asked. Stiles jumped.

"Jesus Y/n! You scared me! We weren't saying that about you, we were just..."

"Saying that about our friend and Scott's girlfriend?" I asked expectantly. Stiles looked at the ground.

"Yea..."

"You've seen Derek. I mean, the guy's totally alone. What if I can, like, never be around her again?" Scott asked. I rolled my eyes.

"Did you guys get a hang of the it at all?" I asked. Scott shrugged.

"I mean, we know more now than we did before," Stiles said. We walked into the Eco room, and I sit at the back, Stiles sliding in the seat next to me. Scott sits in front of us, and Allison walks through the door. Scott curses, as she walks directly towards us.

"Let's go! Sit, sit, sit, sit. We got a lot to cover today. Let's go! Quicker!" Coach ordered. Allison sat next to Scott.

"I haven't seen you all day!" She said. Stiles and I looked at each other, and I started to scribble down doodles in my notebook.

"Uh, yeah, I've been, uh, super busy," Scott said looking back at us. I ignored him. Stiles and I began discussing the book I just finished reading. I shuffled around in my bag, and I grabbed it out for him.

"Here, read it. You'll like it," I said. He took it gingerly from my hands. "Uhh, I did mark it up though. I'm sorry," I whisper. He waved a hand at me and opened it immediately. He smiled at the first page, where I had doodled little things around the title page. I blushed from embarrassment. "On second thought, you can get your own copy-," I say as I go to tug it from him. He holds it out of my reach. "Stiles!" I whisper yell in protest. We fight for a second before he slides it in his bag. I hear someone clear their throat, and I look up to see the coach.

"Disgusting," he muttered, turning away from us. The class erupted into giggles, and I cover my face with my hands. Stiles smirks at me, and I kick his leg.

"Alright! Let's settle down! Let's start with a quick summary of last night's reading," Coach said looking around.

"Greenberg, put your hand down. Everyone knows you did the reading. How about, uh— McCall!" He called. Scott and I snapped our heads up.

"What?" We said at the same time. The Coach grimaced.

"Not you Ms. McCall! I'm talking to the idiot!" He shouts. I nod, understanding where he's coming from.

"The reading?" Coach pushed. Scott looked at me frantically.

"...Last night's reading?" He asked. They went back and forth until Coach sighed, putting a hand on his hip.

"Come on, buddy-- you know I can't keep you on the team if you have a D. How about you summarize, uh, the previous night's reading? ... No? How about the, uh, the night before that? How about you summarize anything you've ever read in your entire life?" Coach berated him.

"Uh- I can summarize-"

"Not you, Y/n!" Coach pointed at me. I cringe back, and I mouth an apology to Scott.