Chapter 1

[Taoyuan City, Taiwan 5:30 am]

SATURDAY

The sound of birds chirping filled Shuhua's ears as she slowly opens her eyes. Getting up from her bed, she went near her window. It was quite foggy outside considering that it was still very early in the morning.

The door of her room opened revealing one of their long time maids inside their household. "Good morning young lady, breakfast is already prepared downstairs. Your mother is already there waiting for you." Shuhua nodded as she enters her bathroom to wash her face first before going down.

Early in the morning yet she can already hear her mother yelling.

"What did you do this time? The principal had called me yesterday afternoon to come by to the office." Shuhua took a deep breath, her eyes were fixed on her brother who have his head lowered down.

"Good morning." Shuhua greeted them and deep down she knows that even if her mother is scolding her brother that doesn't change the fact that she gets the least attention, care and love from their mother.

It was always her brother. She hated his guts every part of him. She sat down on her usual place, away from her brother and mother. At the end of the long table.

"Your favorite pancakes young lady." but at least there is someone inside their household that gives her the attention, care and love that her mother couldn't give to her.

She has always been the Yeh Shuhua, who is an all around athlete and great in academics. Life is great but to Shuhua life is cruel.

She's always at fault even though it was her brother's fault. Her mother seems to focus on her mistakes than to the great things that she have done. "Shuhua make sure your things are ready because I won't be making time just to send it to you." Shuhua kept her eyes on her pancakes.

Silently eating them.

"I'm done." Shuhua put her utensils down not even minding what her mother is saying as she headed back to her room to take a shower. She'll need to process some papers today.

This is what a normal morning is to Shuhua.

Entering her room, she quickly opened her closet and picked the clothes that she'll be wearing today. Two huge navy blue luggage were at the corner of her room.

Satisfied with the clothes that she picked, she decided to take a warm shower now so she can be at Taipei early. She's leaving tomorrow evening. She's excited most especially because she'll be free away from this hell.

But she's also quite sad with the fact that she can't see her only friend mhere that often but it's just gonna be two years then she's back at hell again.

Driving her car at the most average speed. She enjoys how the trees were calm in a such fine morning. She sometimes hopes that she is just like those trees.

They just follow the wind.

Shuhua stopped when the traffic light went red. She watch the people cross the road. Tapping her fingers on the steering wheel, eyes fixed on the timer.

10

9

8