Chapter 24

Shuhua stares at Soojin's back. Her lips puckering as she waits for the girl to finish. She wasn't planning on staying much longer but her stomach just betrayed her while they were inside her car.

And so Soojin insisted to cook and eat dinner together. She couldn't really decline considering that she's hungry right now. Shuhua quickly stood up as soon as Soojin turned the stove off. She didn't say anything much, just quietly setting the plates on the table.

It's the second time that Shuhua was inside her apartment. Soojin wanted to ask something but decided to just keep it to herself and Shuhua's being oddly super quiet.

When in fact the younger seems to be happy earlier. Soojin was about to grab the handle of the pot, "Let me do it." she was honestly startled realizing that Shuhua was beside her.

"This smells amazing." Shuhua commented.

Soojin silently went to sit on the opposite side.

It was so weird for Soojin really weird. The scene right now seems like she was the guest not Shuhua. The younger one insisted on being the one putting rice on their bowls. "What kind of soup is this JinJin?" and now Shuhua was actually being talkative again.

It doesn't feel right for Soojin. "That's seaweed soup, I've always cooked that most of the times since it's an easy one." Soojin replied.

Shuhua hummed as she takes a spoonful of the said dish that Soojin made before getting a spoonful of rice after. "Isn't lonely eating dinner alone?" Shuhua blurted out as she takes another spoon of the soup. "Not really."

Soojin looked over Shuhua's shoulder, her eyes focused outside the window. "It's raining." Soojin mumbles, bringing her attention back on her food. Shuhua heard it perfectly, she was having second thoughts.

But the girl in front of her right now is Soojin.

Why is she even having second thoughts?

"I'm going ba-" Shuhua didn't got to finish her words seeing how Soojin was smiling while eating. "The rain is pretty heavy." Soojin commented having that same worried look on her face.

Shuhua fished her phone out of her pocket when it vibrated.

From Yoda:
I'll be fetching you early in the morning, make sure you have settled it already. Don't worry too much.

Soojin noticed the smile forming on Shuhua's lips but decided to just shrugged it off. There was a sense of relief in Shuhua as she puts her phone back to her pocket.

The two continues to eat silently, exchanging small conversations from time to time and as they finish eating it seems like the rain hasn't stop yet.

"Why don't you stay the night?" Soojin suggested as she gets up to clean the table.

===

The only reason why Soojin said that was because it was raining quite hard outside and it's also dark already. She wouldn't want to wake on a sudden news that Shuhua got on a accident.

It was best to let the younger stay the night but she's been turning left and right for the past thirty minutes yet she still can't sleep.

Shuhua have already informed her roommates and even Minnie told her to stay so she didn't really protest.

Soojin moves closer to the left end of the bed, eyes on the floor. Shuhua insisted on sleeping on the couch but Soojin was persistent that she wouldn't let the girl sleep there. And so there small bickering started.