Chapter 20

"I heard from Hui that you just recently joined their team." Shuhua stopped eating for a moment, raising her head up to look at ber father who was also looking at her.

They were eating outside for tonight well as per what her father wanted.

Shuhua briefly glanced at Hui before reaching for her glass of water. "Are you comfortable living at the dormitory?" her father continues...

"Well I could say that I am, I have my basic needs there and I got two kind roommates with me." Shuhua answered with a smile. Hui haven't said anything ever since the dinner started and Shuhua was actually thankful for the guy's silence right now.

Or else she would've flip the guy over because of her anger.

They continue to eat with silence sometimes making a conversation here and there.

"That's my gift to you." Shuhua grabs the box on the table hesitantly. As soon as she opens the box, she put it down giving it back to her father. "No, I can't take this." Shuhua shakes her head but her father just gave her a nod.

"Take it and besides it'll make it easier for you to go to places when your outside of the university." Shuhua noticed how her father was still pushing this through and as much as she didn't really want to accept it.

It would be so rude to decline it again.

"Thank you Dad." Shuhua sincerely said but then Mr. Lee spoke up again in his worried tone, his eyes darted on his son who remained silent up until now for some reasons that he doesn't know.

"You're not as talkative as usual. Is everything alright?" Hui finally gave his attention to this set dinner. He's been thinking of what might Shuhua say to him or what might the girl think of him now after what happened awhile ago.

It sure did bother him.

"Just stressed with some things that needs to be finished in my major." Hui answered quite casual and a little composed for Shuhua. She's been silently observing her brother ever since they both walked inside the restaurant.

And to her judgement, it seems like their father doesn't have any idea about her real brother's being.

"Don't be too hard on yourself okay? I've told this many times already. You don't have to live into what people expected you to. Just do you best as always." and Shuhua wanted to dig deeper into Hui's past.

Their father seems to be a very understanding and supportive father so what could be the reason behind her brother's 'kind of' abusive side. She didn't want to address the guy as a total abusive one since she doesn't know anything at all.

But even if she wants to dig deeper it isn't her place to be.

What Hui did to Soojin, to a woman was wrong.

That sums it up.

===

Shuhua wasn't expecting anyone to be still up until now but hearing some faint noises coming from the inside. Minnie and Yuqi are still probably up until now.

She haven't got the chance to talk to Soojin for much long earlier but she did confirmed from the latter that Hui indeed hurt her.

Opening the door she was greeted by a sight of Minnie and Yuqi, eyes stuck on their own laptops. Earphones stuck in their ear, mumbling some curse words. "I'm back." Shuhua whispered as she takes her shoes off, placing it on their shoe rack just beside the door.