Chapter 23

Surprised would be an understatement as Shuhua stares at the person in front of her right now. "Are you like bored right now and just decided to fly all the way here?" Shuhua leaned her back on the chair comfortably, her arms crossed over her chest as she questions her friend.

"That's part of it but I need to tell you something." it was something that made Shuhua sit up straight and guessing of how Tzuyu's voice wasn't the same savage tone that she was used to, there was a high possiblity that it could be something more.

"What is it?"

===

Soyeon rolled her eyes as the sight of Soojin being all smiley was kind of disgusting but she was relieved that the girl was able to smile like that again.

She couldn't even count in her fingers of when was the last time Soojin ever smiled like that and the reason could only be none other than one person only  so she didn't have to ask.

"It's so annoying to see you smiling while we are in our literature class." Soyeon commented, her head on the table eyes closed trying to sleep. "Shut up and please you always sleep here, I'm surprised Ms. Jung haven't called you on." Soojin retorted, her eyes still focused in front.

"Why are you even being so attentive right now?" Yes, Soyeon might know why Soojin's being all smiley but she doesn't know why Soojin was basically paying attention right now in this class.

For all she knows they are both in the same boat. It's not that she doesn't like literature, it just bore her that's all and it was the same for Soojin but surprisingly Soojin is listening right now to whatever Ms. Jung is saying.

She can hear some of the girls in their class squealing like teenage girls.

"Because I want to." Soojin answered instead of admitting that today's lecture was totally about romance and she loves talking about things like this.

Soyeon just shrugged it off as she completely shuts the world and go to dreamland.

"Soojin!"

Soojin and Soyeon both stopped in their tracks only to see Hui running towards them. Soyeon subconsciously glared at the guy as she steps forward preventing Hui from coming closer even further.

Hui felt goosebumps creeping into him as he avoided Soyeon's gaze. "I'm not here to do anything reckless and I promise that to you Soyeon." Hui momentarily glanced at the girl who was currently somewhat shielding Soojin from him.

The two noticed that Hui had more bruises on his face today than yesterday.

"It's okay Yeon, I'll take it from here. Just wait for me at the lounge area." Soyeon released a deep sigh before nodding her head but she didn't take her eyes off from Hui. "I swear if you ever break that promise, I'm gonna be breaking your bones in return." Hui shudders in fear.

His face received much and he couldn't bare if his body would also be crushed.

Soyeon walked away with heavy steps as she headed to the lounge area where Soojin asked her to wait.

"What do you want?" Soojin asks didn't want for this conversation to take longer. "I'm sorry." Soojin was about to open her mouth but ended up closing it again.

"I messed this up and I know it was my mistake from the very beginning. I know that I was the one at fault and I ended up hurting you. I don't want to make any excuses to get away with this and I know sorry isn't enough after all of what I did to you." Hui took a deep breath.